Saturday, October 15, 2022

Silver Fell, Silver Fell, It's COIN-(YAS!) Time in Val's Ditty

Whew! Close call this week. No coins to be seen, until Friday afternoon at the Backroads Casey's. A place I hadn't planned to go, until flummoxed by the traffic at the Liquor Store. I peeled out of that lot toot-sweet, and wheeled T-Hoe into the shockingly parking-available Casey's. For my trouble, I got a $3 scratcher winner, and this:
 
 
The cupboard might have been bare, but the floor wasn't! In fact, when I zoomed in on this photo, I think there might be another coin in that dust bunny in the corner! Hick agreed. But hindsight is losers-weepers. I'm not crying, though. Because I picked up

 
A face-down 2021 DIME! I luuurrrrrves me some silver!

But wait! When the woman in line ahead of me took her leave, I also saw THIS:

 
I guess the sweets are not in big demand like the savory snacks. Perhaps patrons have been dipping into the Halloween candy they've been buying since it went on the shelves at the beginning of September. Or maybe even BEFORE Labor Day.

 
ANOTHER DIME! It was a face-down 2022. I commented to the cashier that I'd just found two dimes, and she said, "You know, I've heard that when you find dimes, it means someone in Heaven is thinking of you." Well. There you go! Dimes always remind me of my dad, since we found them all over our house during the two weeks after he died. 
 
Funny thing, I went to the Gas Station Chicken Store next, and on the way out, I almost stepped on a LADYBUG! I was looking down, you know, for coins. I saw it walking, stretching out its wings, but didn't get a picture because my hand was gripping three scratchers and The Pony's draw ticket against the gusty wind. Didn't win a thing! But the distraction of the dimes and ladybug might have been enough to keep me out of harm's way from a crazy driver on the way home. You never know how much a few seconds can alter history.
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 20 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          still at 98.
Dime            # 19, 20.
Nickel          still at 6.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. The ladybug was your mum, making sure you picked up your dad's offerings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. It's rare that I see both signs I associate with Mom and Dad on the same day. Maybe Mom's ladybug had been flying around across the street, messing with those crazy drivers on the Liquor Store parking lot, which made me go to Casey's, totally unplanned, where the dimes were waiting.

      Delete