Thursday, October 13, 2022

And Now For the Outside...

Hick had been busy all summer working on Back-Creek Neighbor Bev's new old house in the middle-er of nowhere. He's about to wrap up his current projects there, since the house is now livable, and they are out of their camper in the back yard. Just when he thinks he's done, Bev comes up with another project. Hick had to tell her that he has other things to do right now, and is phasing out her renovations.

The SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) has the electric hooked up. Hick has been moving merchandise every evening. There is a current lull in place for a future time-sucker that will demand Hick's attention. So The Pony saw his opportunity to request paint for Pony House.

"I know Dad has been busy. But I'd really like to get some paint on the outside before the weather gets too cold. Otherwise it will have to wait until winter is over."

Hick is no slouch when it comes to starting new projects. Finishing, yes. But starting, no. He and The Pony went to lunch on Monday, and made a trip to Lowe's for paint. They were supposed to do it on Sunday afternoon, but Hick "forgot." Poor Pony. He waited all day for his dad to call. Put off a trip to Walmart and didn't eat lunch. Waiting. Waiting. It makes me want to weep for The Pony. It was probably 3:30 or 4:00 when The Pony realized he had been stood up.

Anyhoo... they bought the paint, a blue the color of The Pony's bathroom, he said. I was not sure it would look good. I'm not really a fan of blue. Gray is more to my liking for a house exterior. But I gotta admit, once I saw it actually ON the house, I think I'm becoming a fan.

 
The day was overcast, with rain in the morning. Which didn't matter much, since Hick took the power-washer over to prep the exterior. The plan was to paint the porch first, to see how it would look, and then decide if The Pony wanted the rest of the house in that color. He does. It's actually brighter than it looks here. There's Hick's Old Buddy in the act of painting. The trim will be black, like the front door. 

More to come as the project progresses. The Pony had picked out a stain for the back wall that's wood, but Hick rushed through Lowe's without looking or buying. Hopefully they'll still have some when the painting is done. Hick already has some black paint for the trim.

8 comments:

  1. It's perfect! Just the right shade to go with the black trim, the gray roof and the white porch ceiling. It all "marries" nicely. And it's one of my favourite blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony will be pleased to hear that it has your seal of approval!

      Delete
  2. This is a popular exterior house shade of of paint in the Southern states. I love all shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we're south of YOU! So I guess it's appropriate. I'm liking it way more now that I see it on the house, rather than in a picture from the bathroom wall.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that color is beautiful!! Love it! If I had a small cabin, that's the color I would paint it. I'm jealous! Seriously....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brighter in the sun! You might love it even more. Only a portion of the front of the house got painted today. The wind was so gusty that the first time Old Buddy almost got knocked off the ladder, Hick called a halt to painting, and concentrated on pressure-washing the whole house.

      I'm sure Hick will take pictures when more is done. I drove by today, and the sun lit up the painted portion. The Pony loves it. He said the person who delivered his mail today complimented him on the color.

      Delete
  4. I love it. HeWho is so fuddy duddy when I try to choose paint colors. He likes beige, gray or white. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the gray and white, but HeWho can have the beige! This bright color makes Pony House special in the neighborhood.

      Delete