Monday, October 17, 2022

Rules For Some of Thees

The Pony has always been a stickler for rules. A Young Sheldon kind of stickler, although Young Sheldon is pretty much a template of Young Genius.

When he got his job and went through orientation, The Pony proudly showed off his mailbag and dog repellent and first aid kit (in case the repellent didn't work, perhaps), and official cap. He also revealed some of the rules.

"We can't go in and buy liquor in our uniform. If we're buying mostly groceries, it's okay to have some alcohol in the order. But otherwise, we have to take off the cap, and the shirt, or cover it up, or turn the sweater inside out so you can't see the logo."

Of course The Pony follows such a rule. But apparently, everyone does not. I sent him a picture a while back, when I was at the Liquor Store buying scratchers.

 
"It's about to be RUM:30 for one of your work brethren or sistren! At the Liquor Store drive-thru."

"Unsurprising!"

"So much for not disgracing the UNIFORM. Just the vehicle."

It was 4:10 p.m., so I'm hoping the work day was over. I think that might be a rural carrier. I see the car a lot between Sis-Town and Backroads. Don't know if they have to clock in and out like a city carrier. If so, they were making a purchase on the clock. I'd complain about my tax dollars, but last time I did that, The Pony indignantly informed me that the USPS is NOT funded by tax dollars, but by themselves through the sale of stamps and postage and delivery contracts. Okay...
 
I don't think they're allowed to deliver the mail through a drive-up window. All the other times I've seen a USPS vehicle there, it was an LLV (Long Life Vehicle) or Metris van, parked in the parking lot. I just assumed they were delivering the mail, like I've seen them do down the block at Country Mart, and across the street at the Gas Station Chicken Store.

Anyhoo... I suppose that driver could have just been ordering a fountain soda. Or maybe vape products or cigarettes. My name's not Karen. So I'll keep this little secret.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, just pretend you didn't see it. That's what I usually do. Someone dumped a shoe box full of old vapes outside the front yard here, at first I thought they were fancy pens or markers all shiny and colourful, but then I saw the little black box marked geek vape, so I took the whole box and dumped it my rubbish bin. Lots of kids pass here on their way to and from school and I didn't want any of them touching that garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was definitely a good deed. Can't say the same for my silence. At least I made sure the license number was obscured. I only wanted to point out a hypocrite in action, not get somebody fired!

      Delete
  2. Nothing really surprises me anymore. There are those who adhere to the rules and then there are those who will never follow rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like the breaker who switched keys with The Pony and took the GOOD vehicle, leaving him the worst one!

      Delete