Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Blue-ing of Pony House and Rue-ing of Hick

Pony House is gradually taking on a new blue hue. Hick has been working by himself for a couple afternoons, because his Old Buddy helper was feeling not up to stuff. Then again, neither is Hick. More on that after the picture.

 
Such a nice fall day. Hick has managed to paint the front and half a side of Pony House. Old Buddy is the ladder man. So if he's not available the next time Hick is ready to paint, Hick will move to the other side of Pony House and do the lower half. The more I see of his handiwork, the more I love that color.

And now for Hick's near-death experience.

Hick has been complaining that the backs of his legs hurt. Bad. My opinion is that it's sore muscles from doing work he's not used to. Like painting. And working on the electricity at his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). He HAS climbed a ladder while working on both tasks. Just not high, or for a long time. Also, I suggested he talk to his doctor about his cholesterol med, which I remember had a warning about muscle pain as a side effect. He finally went to the doctor today, and is going to have some tests. Anyhoo... you'd think that would affect more than just the muscles on the back of his thighs.

Anyhoo... in talking off-handedly about his doctor visit, Hick said, "And I told her how sometimes I can hardly walk, and how I thought I was going to fall down when I tried to run the other day..."

"WAIT! You were RUNNING? What in the Not-Heaven?"

"To catch my truck." The Hick got that look like OOPS on his face.

"WHAT?"

"We was out at the lake, with the trailer, loading up the vehicle I was helping my buddy move. We had it over by the pond where we used to fish, on that hill, so we could just drive his truck right up on my trailer. And we about had it on there, when MY truck started rolling away."

"WHAT? Are you too dumb to put on the brake? And have it in park?"

"It WAS, Val. But when he drove his truck up on the trailer, the back of the trailer went down. Where it was hitched, it pulled the back of MY truck up. Like a V upside down. It lifted my back wheels up. So they was the ones that had the brake on. And my truck started to roll forward. When it was all over and we wasn't hurt, it was pretty funny."

"NO! That's NOT funny! How did it stop?"

"Well, it wasn't going fast yet. I was able to yank open the door and hop in and get it stopped. My buddy was in bad shape, too, because he was sitting in HIS truck that was half on the trailer, and he couldn't get out. He said he thought I was going to fall and get run over by my own truck."

"You are such an idiot! It's like the time your tractor went in gear and you chased it through the field to stop it."

"Well. They both worked out okay."

No explanation from Hick on HOW he stopped his truck. Maybe he just steered it to where the hill made it stop rolling. I suggested that he put blocks in front of the tires next time. And he didn't even smart-mouth me.

6 comments:

  1. How on earth did HE not think to block the tyres?? On any hill, tyres should get blocked even when the brakes are on. We learned that at very young ages, although I don't know why since we grew up where things are as flat as a table surface.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has been known to take a shortcut or two. Like never reading directions to anything. So maybe he never learned that rule, or was just pretending it was meant for everybody but HIM!

      Delete
  2. Oh, the house is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is coming along. The legs make me nervous. HeWho got up to use the bathroom the other night, his legs went out and he fell backwards into the tub. I was able to help me get back up, but it scared me. It was the night after our cat was killed and we had to climb the ravine. We were both not in a good way! His surgery is finally on the sschedule, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked, and so sorry to hear about Martha the boy cat. Pit bulls should not run free. I don't care how many people say theirs is such a sweetie! They are animals, and can snap in a moment, and do what they've been bred to do.

      That is scary about HeWho's fall. Hick has been having trouble with the backs of his thighs. No other part. Very painful. He had an MRI and an ultrasound on Wednesday, and the legs checked out okay. I think it's something like he had with his neck vertabrae, only in his lower back.

      Delete