Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Blue. Very, Ma'am.

Pony House is gradually being transformed from the faded white steel siding into the vision The Pony has for his home. He picked out the color, but I was skeptical of the hue when he sent me a snippet of his bathroom wall. That's the shade he had in mind. I didn't think it would look right on a whole house. I stand corrected:

 
I like it. I really like it. It's bright in the afternoon sun, but even that doesn't look out of place in the neighborhood.

 
The side angle from the back driveway makes the siding look like vinyl. Not that many people would think that was anything to brag about. But it looks better than the faded steel siding before Hick used the pressure washer on it and painted. More modern.

They still haven't bought the stain for the back wall, although The Pony has picked out the shade he wants. I think he said it was like a deck stain. Hopefully, this project will be completed before the weather turns cold.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder how long it will be before people start using the house as a marker for giving directions (''turn at the blue house')?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might already be doing it, saying "Turn at the half-blue house." Because I'm not sure the opposite side is done yet. Even half-done, it's a big improvement.

      Delete
  2. It's looking great! And a dark stain will tie in with the black trim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how dark the stain will be, but it will look better than the faded wood!

      Delete
  3. This color is not obnoxious. I have seen some places painted in some odd color and thought to myself that the paint must have been on sale! You know, like hot pink with neon green trim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the street, it appears a little darker than the pictures. It's really growing on me. I thought I would hate it.

      Bargain paint makes me think of the pale green walls in all my classrooms and hallways growing up. I swear there was a big sale for schools.

      Delete