Saturday, October 1, 2022

The COINS Are Back in Town, the COINS Are Back in Town!

I wonder if they were askin' if I was around, how I'd been, where I could be found. I hope someone told them I was livin' out of town, drivin' an old man crazy! 

Somebody must have spilled the beans on my whereabouts. It has been a very good week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
 
TUESDAY, September 27, stopped by the Sis-Town Casey's for scratchers. My favorite parking space was open. Barely. The three spaces to the right of it were taken by a sideways-parked panel truck, its metal rumpus backed up beside my space. As I tried to catch the eye of the two guys wheeling out a dolly, a truck parked in the handicap spot across the striped walkway from me on the right backed out. SO... I moved over to the handicap space, to allow the dolly guys access to the ramp in the striped walkway, without going around T-Hoe's rear to get to their panel truck. I'm selfless like that.

 
When I came out after my transaction, my reward was silently screaming for me to claim it.

 
It was a heads-up 2013 Abe Lincoln, not at all handicapped.
_____________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, September 29, I was back over in Sis-Town on my regular errand day. I went in the main Post Office (work-home of THE PONY) for two books of stamps. I reluctantly became the meat in a gossip-lady sandwich as we were in a line parallel to the counter, and a long-lost acquaintance came in and started jawing at the gal ahead of me. I didn't much like being in their spittle-zone as they boisterously recalled old times. 
 
A man, woman, and child were trying to get passports. They didn't have the little girl's height, so the man whipped out a metal tape measure and tried to stick it under her shoe sole. She was having none of it, and kept moving her foot. The clerk told them to move to the side, where the young man clerk I like had to take over. The next customer wanted a duplicate key to his P.O. box, and had to answer a lot of questions to prove that he was who he was, before being told they just don't hand out duplicate keys. After that, the line moved quickly. When I came out, a treat awaited:

 
No, not the old gum. The PENNY!

 
It was a heads-up 1969, kind of smoothed-out. But also out-of-focus. Darn phone.

From there I was off to the School-Turn Casey's for (you guessed it) scratchers! While waiting for them to be torn, I noticed what every Val out on the towns for errands likes to see:

 
It was a DIME! I was on it like Juno on little Jack's treats!
 
 
It was a face-down 2001 dime, all monochromatically dramatic in black and gray.

Errands done, I was headed back to Backroads to the Gas Station Chicken Store for my daily crossword scratcher. Just where I was meant to be, because when I opened T-Hoe's door to disembark, I saw that I was expected:

 
It's like somebody left that penny there on the concrete tire-bumper so I didn't have to wave my ample rumpus so high to pick it up!

 
It was a heads-up 2003 penny, caught between light and not-so-light. Into my pants pocket it went, and I entered the store to tease the checker that she had been waiting for me. YES, she said, she had!

"Are there coins on the floor? People keep telling me there are coins, but I haven't come out to pick them up. I told them, 'There's a lady who comes in here that collects them, and even takes pictures!'"

"Well, I don't see any now. But I JUST FOUND ONE outside where I parked. So I guess the ones inside were not meant for me, or they'd still be here."
______________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, September 30, I was back in the Liquor Store. No mean feat, since the road in front of it was blocked off with orange-and-white-striped pointy things. I went around them. A lady in a black SUV was cutting through from the Country Mart side of the lot, and slammed on her brakes to let me cross. Nope. I motioned her on. 

"I'm really slow. You go on ahead."

"I don't really know where I'm going with all these detours!"

"Well, you can't go up the hill! But I guess you can turn around on the street beside Casey's."

In I went, and found my good-deed token on the filthy rug:


Don't be fooled by the rug-spots! There is a single penny above those three spots.

 
I promise! That's really a penny! My phone camera is not helping. It's a heads-up 1981.
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 5 COINS this week, for 14 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 93, 94, 95, 96.
Dime            # 18.
Nickel          still at 6.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. I knew it! Even Steven was holding back so you'd have a bumper crop to crow about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the first time you've been right!

      Delete
    2. OMG! MY OWN comment went to spam, and showed up in spam on 10//21/22. That's outrageous! I SO regret the money I'm spending on BLOGGER. Oh wait...

      Delete