Saturday, October 29, 2022

Common CENTS Says It's Gonna Be Hard to Break Last Year's Record

Time is running out on the 2022 portion of Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Last year's total of 124 pennies will be hard to achieve, at this rate of one single penny per week!
 
MONDAY, October 24, I found a penny coming out of the Liquor Store. Why a penny was coming out of a liquor store is beyoooond me! Heh, heh. That's just a little penny humor. Of course I was the one coming out of the Liquor Store, not the penny.
 
It was at the bottom of the ramp leading me back to T-Hoe in the parking lot. HOWEVER... a car had pulled in, and was wanting to park in the space beside it. The driver kindly waited for me to walk out of ramming range before pulling into that spot. This ruined my chance for a photo op! I will kindly give the THANK YOU wave to anybody waiting for me to cross, while not revving the engine. So I just snatched my penny and limped away.
 
 
Here it is, posed on the console of T-Hoe, on top of my $6 winning scratcher that I was saving to scan at the lottery machine in Country Mart. It was face-down, a 1986 penny that looked kind of charred.
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 100.
Dime            still at 20.
Nickel          still at 6.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________
 

6 comments:

  1. I want to come and toss coins in your path. Hope you hita windfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carry a little basket like a wedding flower girl, and toss those coins left and right!

      Delete
  2. That penny looks like it has had a rough life. I bet it is glad now to be safe and sound in your penny goblet, no longer getting dropped, trodden on or run over by cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have faith! The holiday season is upon us and there could be an avalanche of lost coins as people rush about!

    ReplyDelete