Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Getting Up At the Crack of Almost Noon

Tuesday will be spent with The Pony on his day off. We have three important mutual errands to accomplish. Hopefully we will encounter people who actually do their job right!

Such a hardship, dealing with proper business hours. I will have to get up EARLY to pick up The Pony at 11:30. It means I'll have to leave home by 11:00, a time at which I am usually asleep. I guess maybe I should go to bed before 8:00 a.m.

The Pony is an early riser, due to being gainfully employed. I know he'll be ready when I get there. He'd better be prepared to ride shotgun like a normal person, and not revert to his old ways of riding in the seat BEHIND me! Even during high school he did that, on our way to school and home! It was quite disconcerting in the summer months, when I'd be surprised by BARE TOES pinching my forearm as The Pony slipped out of his slides and reached his leg around the seat. Did I ever mention how much I hate feet? 

It's supposed to be chilly, so perhaps The Pony will wear actual shoes. Not to mention how hard it would be to surprise me with that toe-pinching behavior if he's sitting right beside me. 
 
I"m so cold right now, sitting at the kitchen table, that I can hardly type. We're expecting temperatures below freezing tonight. Hick scoffs at me and says, "Maybe you should go back down to your office." Do you think he's trying to get rid of me??? I pointed out how I don't have a working heater in my office. He said I do. I said only if you count that mini radiator that is too tall to fit under my desk, and only heats the back of my chair due to its placement. I think I need to find my sock cap with the giant ball on top, and the earflaps.

Anyhoo... maybe I'll have some tales to tell after my Pony adventure. Maybe not. 
But likely so...

6 comments:

  1. Take a quick run up to Alaska and buy yourself some fur-lined Eskimo clothes. and buy yourself a heater for your lair, no good relying on Hick to get you one. He'll turn up with one in the middle of summer and wonder why you don't appreciate his efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Alaska, to visit my uncle. He lived in the panhandle area, in Ketchikan. We were there in August. Went from high 90s in Missouri to a temp of 50 when we got off the plane. Guys were jogging SHIRTLESS in Ketchikan!

      If I felt better about going up and down those 13 rail-less basement steps, I would find myself a heater.

      Delete
  2. Those stairs will never have rails! The weather here is perfect. Warm sunny days and chilly nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have given up on the rails, which were first proposed when Genius was 3.

      Delete