Thursday, September 9, 2021

Similar to the Gift of a $3 Pink Change Purse

Back in July, I found a new treat at Save A Lot. I wrote about it on my super-secret blog. Hick and I thought those crunchy cotton-candy-flavored balls were delicious!

 
The Pony tried one. He was not a fan. That's okay. More for us! They didn't last long anyway!

When Hick and The Pony were shopping for toilets and showers and sinks in Menard's on Wednesday, they walked by a shelf that caught The Pony's eye.
 
 
 
When The Pony showed them to me, I was excited. I thought maybe they tasted like Cocoa Puffs cereal. Or maybe like those marshmallows with toasted coconut coating. Such a HUGE tub! Three times the size of my cotton candy crunchy snacks.

Anyhoo... as they walked by the Menard's shelf with these snacks, The Pony said:
 
"Oh, Dad. I bet Mom would really like these!"

"Yeah. For sure. Get her some. She can give them to Jack and Juno."

The Pony was a bit baffled. Why would they buy me snacks, only to have me give them to Jack and Juno? Then he turned the tub around and saw the label:

 
Gotta admit, I was disappointed! Jack and Juno love them. Neighbor dog Copper Jack, too.
I, myself, have not tried my new treats...

10 comments:

  1. I think you have been neglecting the pups, have not heard much of them lately. They deserve a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been sharing my fleabags with the Blogosphere because I like to have a picture of them, and my Sweet, Sweet Juno is in that awkward stage of molting. Her silky black fur grows dull and matted, covered in burs, then gradually sheds. The Pony has broken a couple of brushes trying to groom her, and now she shies away at the merest hint of brushing.

      They still get treats! Lately, it has been a slice of Nutty Oat bread. These meatballs are ambrosia to them!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes what my cat is having for supper smells better than what I'm having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that about these meatballs! I hold my breath, and wash my hands as soon as they're dispensed.

      Last week, I gave the dogs a croissant that I got from Country Mart's bakery. They all 3 (including neighbor dog Copper Jack) gave me a look like I was feeding them Styrofoam!

      Delete
  3. While I think I'd refrain from those, I have a big jug of peanut M&M's at the top of the bookshelf, very near to my right hand. Uh, wait a sec . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has a bag of chocolate-covered raisins on the kitchen table. Sometimes, as I browse through the innernets on HIPPIE in the mornings (by which I mean noon-thirty), I catch my hand reaching out to sample some. Except he hasn't opened the current bag for over TWO WEEKS! I'm pretty sure he was busy eating those 36 auction candy bars with the Christmas kitten on the wrapper.

      Delete
  4. Without seeing the label I thought they were fruit balls which I sometimes see here in health food shops. Minced dried fruits, mixed with cocoa, coconut and something else to hold them together, then shaped and sometimes coated in more coconut, sometimes rolled in cocoa powder.
    I was quite disappointed on your behalf to see they were dog treats, but I'm happy the dogs like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being disappointed on my behalf! I would have loved some dried fruit balls with coconut! These meatballs are dense! It takes my little Jack a while to chew his, with his tiny dachshund-size mouth.

      Delete
  5. Eddie, the charming dachshund has so many allergies that I can no longer buy treats. Good thing they all like dried sweet potato slices and carrots, apples and watermelon. If poor Eddie can't have store bought snacks, then nobody can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair is fair! They probably don't remember what they're missing. Part of the TREAT is the anticipation and the chomping. Not necessarily the taste!

      Delete