Saturday, September 25, 2021

Four COINS If You're Doubtin'

Have faith in Val! Even though her Future Pennyillionaire Fortune has been languishing in a near-coma for the past few weeks... Even Steven has smiled upon Val again.

SATURDAY, September 18, I stepping into the Backroad's Casey's, and almost trod upon a DIME! I was so excited that after I got my (bad) close-up, I fumbled that dime like a rookie running back. It was like trying to catch one of those tiny just untadpoled frogs on a dusty dirt road along a creek. Every time I had that dime in my fingers, it slipped out and I had to find where it bounced, and snag it again. Ample-rumpusing in all directions!

 
I can't believe none of the people already waiting in a line to my left did not pounce on that dime! I guess they are all rich, or only buy with plastic.

 
It was a face-down 1998 dime, which did not lend itself to a close-up. Seems like it's always in this Casey's where my phone can't focus. I think they are running anti-close-up programs, jamming my phone camera. Or that could just be my conspiracy mindset manifesting...
_____________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, September 21, I captured a penny at the Sis-Town Casey's where I stopped to treat myself to scratchers after a bank deposit. Not my regular errand day, but I was obviously meant to stop there.

 
Good thing nobody was in line at the other register! They might have had a fat foot on my rightful PENNY!

 
It was a 1992 heads-up penny, unworthy of payment at the Gas Station Chicken Store, where those elitists, heh, heh, only want pristine coinage.

From there I went to the Gas Station Chicken Store, which came through for me again! This time way down the middle aisle. Who has a penny out on the middle aisle of a convenience store? You can't pay there, and surely you don't have all your purchases in hand, since you've just entered the store.

 
As you can see, the Gas Station Chicken Store has higher cleanliness standards than Orb K!

 
Ain't he purty? Such a shiny specimen, from 2018, showing his tail and hiding his face.
_____________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, September 24, found me back in the Gas Station Chicken Store. It was after-work time, and the store filled up with gas customers as I was paying (correct change) for my scratchers and 44 oz Diet Coke. I was making a quick getaway, with people packed like sardines in the confines of that crackerbox, when I saw THIS on my way out:

 
I said the Gas Station Chicken Store is clean. Which doesn't mean it is in good repair! This front wall used to be covered with winning scratchers as wallpaper, but they were taken down a few weeks ago. I think they added a nice ambience, but then I have a slight affinity for scratchers. In case you can't tell, this was a QUARTER!

 
It was a face-down 1990 quarter, whose close-up was spoiled by the busy pattern on the tile below. That dang phone doesn't know where to focus, even when I tap on the coin part of the picture as a reminder. Anyhoo... someone in line said, "Everybody came in all at once!" And I said, "But I'M the one who found the quarter!" I'm pretty sure somebody in line would have grabbed it. The clientele of the Gas Station Chicken Store is a bit different than that of Casey's. Yet still they had to endure an ample-rumpusing from Val.
____________________________________________________________________

That makes 4 COINS, for 37 CENTS this week, added to Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
____________________________________________________________________
 
2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 94, 95.
Dime         # 12.
Nickel       still at 4.
Quarter    # 6.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Do you have to declare found coins on your tax return?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That would fall under "other income." Same as if you find a diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park, or a sunken pirate treasure, or some bubblin' crude in your back yard while huntin' for some food. Good thing I keep my tax records right here on my blog!

      Delete
  2. "ample-rumpusing in all directions" I don't think I'll be able to unthink that for quite a while. I wouldn't be adding found pennies to my tax return. All they need to know about is earned income, other income would be from investments, like income from any rental homes you have etc. not found pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the ample-rumpusing. NOBODY wants Val's ample rumpus stuck in their head!

      It's funny how legally, my found pennies count as income, but Hick's gifts of flooring and doors do not! Gifts are the tax burden of the giver, and I think there's a $15,000 ceiling on gifts before any tax might be due.

      Delete
  3. Consider yourself gifted by the angels... no nned to report it.

    ReplyDelete