Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Pony House: Master Bathroom, the Bones

I'm not sure what the future master bathroom used to be. A third bedroom, perhaps, since Pony House was listed as a 3-bedroom, 1-bath property. Of course, the rooms can be anything Hick wants, because the inside has already been gutted.
 
If you stood at the back of the living room, at the corner with the master bedroom, you could look into what will become the master bathroom:

 
The master bathroom is fairly large, but will become smaller as Hick moves the wall into it to expand the master bedroom. These two windows that face the side street will be covered, and this wall we're peeping through will become solid. No entry to the master bath except from the master bedroom.
 
The triangle-shaped tub fixture, that holds an oval jetted bathtub which The Pony has requested, will go in the corner you can't see. Up against the bedroom wall, and against the side wall of the house. The sink will be against the bedroom wall.

Standing in the area that will be the entry from the master bedroom, you can see the back wall of the master bathroom:

 
Hick plans to put the toilet near the window area, off to the right. And the shower in the corner to the left. Those boards you see on the right will frame the closet.

 
This will be the closet, plenty roomy for Pony clothes. Right now you can see through it to the back porch and back door.

 
This is a view into the master bathroom, looking in from the other side of the closet. I think the master bathroom will be a nice size to fit in all the fixtures, and give The Pony his tub with jets, as well as a shower, and that closet.

Next week, the second bedroom and bathroom. Probably on Tuesday and Wednesday.
______________________________________________________________________
 
I'm showing you the floor plan with each section.


12 comments:

  1. Hi Val, Does a room need a closet to be considered a bedroom in your area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does. Because a few days ago, Hick was telling The Pony that his room (at home) technically wasn't a bedroom, because it had no closet. It was actually supposed to be a dining room off our kitchen, but plans were changed during the framing of the house, when The Pony's impending arrival was discovered.

      I don't know how that applies to a master suite. Our own bedroom has no closet, just the large walk-in closet in our master bathroom.

      Delete
  2. The amazing thing is the man can build a house, but he can't center a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He probably has a guy who CAN center a picture, because Hick has a guy for everything.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad The Pony is getting his jetted tub. I prefer my closet (wardrobe) to be in the bedroom. I once had a walk-in robe that had to be accessed by walking through the study, and then through that robe into the ensuite bathroom. I didn't realise the awkward positioning when we okayed the plans, we'd never built before. If I had to build from that plan again I would make the study the robe/ensuite and have the new study placement opening off the family room, making it a fifth bedroom, so we could have one for each child. It was a huge house and the boys didn't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some house things you never notice until you live in it. Unlike the placement of my washer and dryer, which I KNEW I wanted side by side, and told Hick. Of course he knows what's best for me, and put a laundry sink between them, even though I DID NOT WANT a laundry sink. Now I have to walk across the laundry sink to put my wet clothes in the dryer, rather than just reaching over to toss them in.

      Delete
    2. A sink BETWEEN the washer and dryer? I wouldn't do that even after several dirty water cocktails.

      Delete
    3. I know, right? What kind of PSYCHO does that??? Most people would need several dirty water cocktails to calm down after hearing about such a laundry room kerfuffle.

      Delete
  4. I agree with joeh and you, a sink between them is just wrong. So very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Why put an obstacle in your way? If you want a laundry sink, which I did not, it should be beside the washer on the other side. Like a washer sandwich, where the laundry sink is one piece of bread, and the dryer is the other!

      Delete
  5. My new home (the RV) has solved that problem ... one machine does both functions! I have heard that it takes all day to accomplish this, but no moving of the wet clothes is required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can upgrade to a version that also FOLDS the laundry! It's probably in development right now.

      Delete