Saturday, August 20, 2022

Sustainable PEN(ny)ergy

You knew it couldn't continue at such a rate! Val's Future Pennyillionaire quest has been giving large for a few weeks. Now it's time for a respite/siesta/break. At least it wasn't a shut-out.

THURSDAY, August 18, I stopped by the Liquor Store for scatchers. A couple of them being "payment" to The Pony for driving Hick to a medical procedure at 6:00 a.m. on his day off. The Pony would have done it for free, but I hate to monopolize his time.

The Liquor Store was as deserted as I've seen it, which includes mornings at 7:00 in the days when we drove past it on the way to school! This time I was there around 10:45. Yeah. I had to get to town before Hick returned, and I had an invalid to supervise.

 
As I rounded T-Hoe's front end, I was greeted by a penny in my path. It's there. Really. In the midline of the picture, like if you draw a straight line down from that yellow sign on the building.  Down about mid-shadow from the truck that was parked next to me.

 
It was a face-down 2021 penny, shining in the sun. 
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 77.
Dime            still at 14.
Nickel          still at 5.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. One is better than none, but let's hope Even Steven doesn't stay away too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Steven made an appearance TODAY! Not sure where he's headed next...

      Delete
  2. I found a penny, picked it up, dropped the darned thing and watched it roll away and land standing on edge. Easy come, easy go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOO! That's worse than seeing one you can't reach!

      Delete
  3. I never see change just laying around waiting for me to snatch it up, and I LOOK! Every time we go some where, I have my eyes cast down, hunting and nothing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you left Even Steven behind in Missouri!

      Delete