Monday, August 29, 2022

Hope I Don't Have to Take a Baseball Bat to Hick's Knees

We got our credit card bills a couple days ago. We only have one real credit card, which we pay off every month. And a Lowe's credit card, which Hick signed up for without telling me, to get a discount a while back. We pay that off each month, too. Now that work on Pony House is next to nothing, there shouldn't be any charges at Lowe's.

Our regular credit card had only one charge due to me, for $9.99 to Spotify for the monthly payment. All the rest was for Hick's recent trip to visit Genius in Pittsburgh. Gas food lodging. No dispute there. Hick went to see Genius. It's a family thing.

The Lowe's bill was $203.50. I asked Hick if we bought anything at Lowe's, and he said, "No. It's all mine. For Bev's house. I'll give you the money like before."

Back-Creek Neighbor Bev pays Hick with a check every couple of weeks. He cashes it, pays Old Buddy his portion for helping, then gives me cash for our household account to cover the Lowe's, and I write a check to pay the bill. Hick isn't disputing the $203.50. But he hasn't paid me yet! I already mailed the payment for the credit card.

Hick better not mess with me! I played softball in junior college, by cracky! Fast pitch, not that slow giant arc of a pitch lobbed at the plate like a grapefruit. I swing a mean bat! I watch TV! I know how to recoup money from a deadbeat!

I'll remind Hick a couple more times. $203.50 is nothing to him. I've already said I'm keeping the $3.50 as my fee for filling out his tax and business license paperwork. That's pretty cheap. And it will buy me a $3 scratcher!

4 comments:

  1. As long as it all works out in the end and you don't come up short, I guess that system works just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has already acknowledged that the charges are his. So eventually he'll get around to paying up. I know where he lives!

      Delete
  2. Is Hick juggling the books? He'd better ay you off. Oops I mean back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have accused Hick of such. We still "owe" him quite a bit for spending his cash on Pony House. He'll have to wait until we collect more house payments from The Pony. He's only four months in right now.

      He actually forgave some of his paybacks on paper, in exchange for his Storage Unit Store rent paid out of household funds.

      I'm a bit more easygoing on Hick's "late" payments, since it's not MY OWN MONEY at stake!

      Delete