Monday, August 22, 2022

Like a Bump Behind Some Logs

Nothing going on Sunday in Backroads. I was just sitting around like a bump on a log. Until I went to town. Where I sat like a bump behind some logs.
 
 
On my way from Country Mart to the light, this truck and trailer pulled out in front of me. There's the side entrance to the Liquor Store on the right, and a view of the Gas Station Chicken Store past the traffic light. Looks like my bump time could better have been used to wipe the dust off T-Hoe's dashboard!

 
That's a whole tree! I don't know where it came from. There's no forest down the road it came out of. Only Dairy Queen, Hardee's, my pharmacy, and the convenient care that treated The Pony's burn and saved my life by sending me to the ER to begin my Unfortunate HospitVALzation. So maybe this truck had loaded those tree chunks elsewhere, and had stopped off for some supper. It didn't go out my road, but hit the highway, headed south.

I found that pattern of logs aesthetically appealing. Not loaded all willy-nilly. The few twigs still attached are a nice touch. I'm no botanist, so I can't tell you what kind of tree that was. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was walnut, like the giant tree parts in The Pony's back yard.

6 comments:

  1. Dust? What dust? I only see dust if there is enough to draw pictures in. Those are some fine looking logs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh. At least my dust isn't THAT deep! Just persistent, from traveling up and down that mile of gravel road every day. That... and me never wiping off the dust.

      They are quite pretty, as logs go.

      Delete
  2. Wonder if the tree person is an artist, a little bit OCD, or precise in everything he/she does? That wood-bearing trailer is photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how they got those large stumps loaded. They have to be very heavy for lifting. Hick would have heaved them in all willy-nilly, with help from a tractor. Then again, Hick is not artistic, OCD, nor precise.

      Delete
  3. Maybe they had the right equipment to load it so precisely. Put that tree in the Pony's yard on marketplace and see if someone will take the wood for free. Back in the day when I was working for the fabric/craft chain of stores, I was into cross stitch. One of the pieces I framed and hung on my family room wall proclaimed "You can touch my dust, but please don't write in it." I was proud of my dust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they rigged up a pulley system. Hick has already promised Pony's wood to several people. I guess he needs to give them a deadline. Hick is finishing up work at Back Creek Neighbor Bev's house this week, and returning to Pony House to finish some projects.

      I am NOT proud of my dust! But my mom would have cross-stitched me a sign for it if I was!

      Delete