Saturday, August 13, 2022

Val COIN't Knock It Out of the Park Every Week

No silver for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune this week, but the coins were still flowing. Enough is as good as a feast.
 
SUNDAY,  August 7, I wheeled my cart/walker to the lottery machine at the front of Save A Lot, and saw a surprise:

 
This lottery machine has only been there a few months. Looks like a regular arcade is taking form! You can't see it, but to the right of the lottery machine is one of those coin-pusher machines. You put in a quarter, and see if you can knock off other coins or the folded-and-taped $50 bill laying on top of them. You get to keep what falls out the slot. I love those things, but haven't played one since The Pony was a tweenager. 
 
There's a cash machine, heh, heh, to the left. And a machine I've never played, that has some good prizes you try to get by lining up a thingy to take it out of its slot. Oh, and a GRABBER machine, which I also enjoy, and which The Pony is a master of. I miss playing these money-stealers with The Pony. But I still have my scratcher machine!

 
It was a face-down 2017 penny, tarnishing on the tile.
_____________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, August 8, I contemplated leaving my phone in T-Hoe, due to a deep-dipping dark cloud hanging over the Backroads Casey's. I recall that such a choice usually leads to me finding a penny, so slid it into my pocket. Wouldn't you know it! I had scarcely rounded T-Hoe and stepped up on the sidewalk when I saw that I had chosen correctly:

 
Waiting on the sidewalk, right in my path! Good thing I had my phone camera.

 
It was a face-down 2021 penny, shiny even before the clouds opened and pelted it with a deluge.

Once inside, I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back for bringing in my phone.

 
ANOTHER penny was waiting for me. And behind it was its buddy, a dime. That's what broke my heart! I was unable to procure that dime. Too far under the counter. My foot is not big enough to slide it out. I couldn't bury my face in the David Sunflower Seeds to fish about blindly with my hand. So I had to leave that dime behind. So unfair! But I stop short of carrying around a stick to prod coins out from under counters.

 
This was a face-down 1977 penny, now longing for his dimey companion, cold-shouldering the other coins welcoming him to my 2022 penny goblet that looks like an ice cream sunday dish.
______________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, August 11, I walked out of Country Mart juggling my just-purchased $3 scratchers from the machine, and the folded winners I'd scanned in to buy them. I stepped over to the little wastebasket with the swinging lid and threw the used winners away. WAIT A MINUTE! What was that I'd stepped over? I turned around to look back:

 
Not just a sticky spot on the rug, but a penny!

 
A face-down 1993 penny. As I took my pictures and bent to pick it up, the double doors behind me and those in front of me alternated opening and closing. I guess I was in the eye of both as I moved to and fro. I have a magical ample rumpus!
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 4 COINS this week, for 4 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 73, 74, 75, 76.
Dime            still at 14.
Nickel          still at 5.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. There's that lovely pink and green floor again! I like it. Shame about the dime though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a pretty floor, but their rug could use some vacuuming. That dime loss still hurts my heart. If only I had longer feet, or they had shorter shelves!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. NOW Blogger says something went wrong, then DOUBLES my reply. I guess you get what you pay for...

      Delete