Saturday, August 27, 2022

Val's Gonna Need a Bigger COIN Pocket

I might need to start hauling a wheelbarrow to town, if I expect to have a repeat of this week's coin quest!
 
SATURDAY, August 20, I arrived later than usual to the Gas Station Chicken Store. It was meant to be. As I slid out of T-Hoe's driver's seat, I spied a treat:

 
No idea what caused that duck-head-shaped wet spot coming out the employee side-door. Maybe a leaky gutter, from the look of the splash on the door.

 
I nabbed that fine silver, a face-down 1990 dime, without the door opening to conk me on the noggin.
_____________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, August 21, I was double-lucky at the Liquor Store. Only one customer was inside, just enough to allow me time to capture a penny obviously waiting just for me.

 
Such a festive party atmosphere! Not sure what alcoholicness was in those pretty bottles.


It was a shiny, face-down 2019 penny that I pocketed before buying my scratchers. On the way back to T-Hoe, I had to shake a leg to avoid being run down by a faux SilverRedO. Which meant I had to make an about-face maneuver to capture my setting-sun discovery...

 
I'd walked right past it on the way in. The reverse angle of the sun set it off coming out.

 
This was a heads-up 1997 Abe Lincoln, risking non-life and no limbs from tire treads.
______________________________________________________________________

MONDAY, August 22, found me back at the Gas Station Chicken Store. Inside, this time. With a surprise gift that revealed itself on my way out.

 
The customer behind me was not the most stylish man-about-town. But at least he was shod, and wearing clean socks. I had to set my scratchers and change from winners on the ledge beside the register, to take my photo. The woman next in line was oblivious to my strangeness, she chatting a bit loudly on her cell phone.

 
It was a bright, heads-up 2020 dime, my second silver of the week! Both courtesy of the Gas Station Chicken Store.
_____________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, August 25, I was back into my regular routine, running errands. At my first stop, the School-Turn Casey's, I spied a hider upon return to T-Hoe:

 
Hiding out on the cusp of light and dark. Barely noticeable. Except to the eagle eye of Val.

 
It was a heads-up 1996 Abe Lincoln, standing on his head.

From there I headed to the Sis-Town Casey's for T-Hoe's weekly half-tank of gas. Again, as I was returning to T-Hoe, I found my prey:

 
Looks like this Casey's thinks winter is coming! Or at least deer season, mid-November. Although most deer hunters I know are camping out IN THE WOODS, a place where firewood is readily available.

 
No, it's not from 1002! It was a heads-up 1992 penny. Added to my growing stash.
_____________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, August 26, I was in line at Country Mart, all the way back by the pickles! That's because only one checker was open, with about 7 carts ahead of me. My favorite little guy opened a second register, and some of the line split off. I was tempted. He IS the best bagger they have. But I was third if I stayed. Good thing I did.

 
Ignore the dude grabbing 3 pints of ice cream out of the last-minute-temptation cooler. And the Halloween-ready woman ahead of him. Look just above the right orange corner-bumper on my cart. 

 
It was a face-down 2017 penny, unfocusable on my cell phone camera, which loves the tile. I was antsy worrying that the dude might step on it and pick it up!
_____________________________________________________________________

That's 7 COINS this week, for 25 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 78, 79, 80, 81, 82.
Dime            # 15, 16.
Nickel          still at 5.
Quarter       still at 6.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. You should stitch a couple of extra pockets onto your shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind starting a new fashion trend, but I don't want people to know the purpose of those extra pockets!

      Delete
    2. The secret is probably safe, unless I keep finding so many at once, and those pockets become weighted down with my fortune!

      Delete
  2. People down south must not have any holes in their pockets and hang onto their money ... or perhaps I should get out more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get out every day, yet I go to the same 3-4 places, and STILL I find coinage. I can't believe there's actual money to be dropped, since 9 out of 10 people I see are using plastic to pay for their purchases.

      Delete
  3. Old eagle eye! You sure can find the dough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time, with the right amount of attention paid to the ground!

      Delete