Saturday, August 6, 2022

Val AcCOINplished a Lot in This Week's Future Pennyillionaire Quest

Such a good week!
 
SATURDAY, July 30, I had a hankerin' to get my scratchers over in Sis-Town. It turned out to be not such a good hunch, as scratchers go. But it paid off in coinage.
 
 
It was a face-down 2021 penny, looking pretty rough, just outside the door of the School-Turn Casey's. I was unable to get a longer shot, because a car pulled in where I was fiddling about with this surprise coin.

But wait! As I turned to walk over to T-Hoe, an even better surprise revealed itself.

 
At first I just saw that big honkin' QUARTER! But then my eye was attracted to the little rock next to a SECOND PENNY!

 
It was a face-down 2003 quarter, of the Maine lighthouse variety.

 
This was a heads-up 1983 penny, right in my path.
______________________________________________________________________

SUNDAY, July 31, found me traipsing out of the Liquor Store, scratchers in hand, to find another treat,  where I had seen no coin on the way in.

 
So lonely there on the Sunday evening parking lot, not many liquor-buyers around.

 
It was a face-down 1992 dime, shimmering with silvery goodness.

But I wasn't done yet! I headed across the street to the Backroads Casey's, where I noticed something while not-quite-admiring the gastrocnemius artwork on the customer ahead of me.

 
TWO coins for the taking!

 
A face-down 2021 penny, and a heads-up 2013 dime!
______________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, August 2, I was bellied up to the counter at the Liquor Store when I saw something that lifted my already buoyant spirits.

 
No, it wasn't the return of the stained rug, nor the pee-doctoring products inside the case. It was TWO pennies, ripe for the harvest. I couldn't get a closeup of each, because the clerk was giving me the stinkeye. Almost as if she suspected me of criticizing the decor and business practices of her fine establishment on a blog about pennies. Anyhoo... it was a face-down 2020 penny, and a face-down 1989 companion.
______________________________________________________________________

That's 8 COINS this week, for 50 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 68, 69, 70, 71, 72.
Dime            # 13, 14.  [just tied last year's total!]
Nickel          # 5.
Quarter       # 6.  [just tied last year's total!]
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________
 

6 comments:

  1. 50 cents in one day! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you meant in one WEEK, because I know you do not want to violate the Truth in Blogging Law!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're okay. I did NOT put in a call to the Truth in Blogging Police!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't think "Holy" was what she had in mind...

      Delete