Tuesday, July 19, 2022

The North .40 Needs a Little John Deere

Genius has a bumper crop of peppers growing on his balcony! They're not all ready to pick yet, but it sounds like he's going to have peppers coming out his ears. Maybe peppers are the new zucchini. I got a picture from him Monday morning.
 
 
"The harvest grows."

"Wow. You might need a little tractor to harvest the North .40 if this continues."

"There are at least 100 peppers growing out there. So far only 6 have ripened but I think the next wave is coming soon."

"What did you cook the first habanero in?"

"We made tacos and I did a mango habanero salsa with them."

"Was the heat the right level in it?"

"Yeah. The pepper itself was super spicy but it was great in the salsa."

"What will you do with 100?"

"Great question lol. Gonna figure that one out as I go. I have a hot sauce recipe I want to make that I'll need about 30 of them for. Cooking with some. Pickling a bunch."

"Heh, heh. You could set up a pepper stand, with a lemonade stand next to it, for when the pepper heat from your samples hits your customers."

No reply on that. I guess Genius might need a license to sell peppers on the street, and his balcony is probably not zoned for business.

Maybe Hick should send Genius a picture of his Storage Unit 500 merchandise.

 
The North .40 needs a little John Deere and wagon.

6 comments:

  1. I think, (emphasis on the I) that you should buy one of those John Deere's, go halves with hick maybe, and send it to Genius, for harvesting purposes. I think Genius would get a kick out of posing it filled with peppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I bet Hick would give me a discount. After all, he's rollin' in dough from this Storage Unit 500.

      Delete
  2. I tiny tractor would be a nice gift for him. I can't believe Blogger is allowing me the pleasure of commenting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Genius would probably get a chuckle, and then sell it online a few hours late! Blogger has been cantankerous of late. Glad to know it's not just a malfunction of my HIPPIE, but sorry it's giving you problems.

      Delete
  3. Peppers and a lemonade stand...why not fresh bread by the slice to kill the burn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius is going to need a bigger balcony! He does bake fresh bread, so it would not be a chore for him.

      Delete