Thursday, July 7, 2022

They Wish That They Could Be a Pepper Too

Genius sent me an update on his peppers Wednesday.
 
 
"Can't believe how big some of these are getting!"

"Wow! Did you buy some magic beans? Will you be climbing the stalk?"

"That one isn't even the biggest! Meanwhile, the upstairs neighbor's tomatoes are sad and wilted."


"Look at those sad tomatoes!"

"They look absolutely crispy. As Jerry Seinfeld would say, 'That's a shame.' As insincerely as possible."
 
"Tomatoes are not full sun plants, and they have no overhead shade, so I think they're pretty toasty."
 
"They need a beach umbrella."
 
"I have the most lush balcony greenery in the building - a thing that is both normal to want and possible to achieve."
 
That's my Genius. Always striving to be the best!

4 comments:

  1. A child after my own heart! It is possible to have a lush garden anywhere. As we drive from place to place here I find it astonishing to see how many people will not even mow their yards and pick up the crap laying around; then I realize that our place would look quite similar if I were not the one keeping it up. He would mow, but just around the obstacles in his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Hick keeps our fields looking nice. Most people out here do. Not a lot of gardens or flowers, though.

      Delete
  2. Even dried, those tomatoes look better than when mine got totally fried by an unexpected day of scorching sun, I had to rip them all out :(
    That's a jalapeno pepper he's holding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a Cayenne. Genius is growing Habanero, Tabasco, and Cayenne peppers.

      Sorry about your tomatoes. I guess Genius is right about the full sun. I never knew that.

      Delete