Sunday, March 13, 2022

Save-A-Lot Has Old Timers Locked in a Case in the Freezer Section

Technically, Save A Lot has Old Timers locked in THREE cases in the freezer section!

That's outrageous! How can they get away with this? There must be some kind of law against it. I've never seen Old Timers locked up in the freezer section in any other stores. 

What's worse, other shoppers push their carts along, IGNORING the Old Timers! Not giving them a second glance. Not even casting them a first glance. 

I was so determined to spread this information that I stopped my cart/walker to take a picture. At least I could show Hick. I was sure he'd have something to say about it. A woman carting past me said,

"Oh. I never noticed that before."

"Yeah. They've been here a couple weeks now. I'm going to show my husband."

I took three pictures. To show you the grand scheme of the lock-up:

 
There they are! The Old Timers stacked like cordwood in their three cases.

 
The Old Timers are restrained! And exposed! Held captive right next to a cardboard bin of accessories to help women see better.

 
How can anyone put a price on an Old Timer? Save A Lot apparently had no problem.

I asked Hick about this unseemly display. Hick knows his Old Timers! Because I thought these might be Case Knives. Not because they're in a case. That's a well-known brand of pocketknives. So, too, is Old Timer. 

Hick sells a lot of knives. He says these are reasonable prices. I hope it doesn't cut into his .50 profits! Save A Lot is just down the hill from Hick's Storage Unit Store.

As for the Old Timers being locked in a case in the Save A Lot freezer section? Nevermind...

4 comments:

  1. at first I thought you meant they were in freezers, then got to wondering what Old Timers are if they aren't old men and women, because nobody would display THOSE in a freezer, right? I'm glad to know they are knives, and quite nice ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I confess to a bit of misdirection for clickbait purposes...

      Delete
  2. At first, I thought you were going to show me some old people frozen in time. The first house we bought was one with "potential" and had dormer windows in the attic. HeWho was a sales rep for institutional foods and brought home a life-sized cardboard image of Bartles and James from one of his stops. The boys put it in their bedroom and shortly after, it disappeared. I assumed it went out with the garbage truck until one day I was raking the front yard and happened to look up and see Bartles and James watching me from a dormer window. My kids thought it was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find that funny. Maybe they should have rigged Bartles and James to MOVE, like in Home Alone.

      Delete