Wednesday, March 23, 2022

It's Not the Marble Floor of the Taj Mahal

Hick bought some flooring for Pony House. First he bought something to cover the flooring. He got two rugs at the auction. He paid $10 each, and says they are about 5 feet by 8 feet. No, they don't match. "But they're similar!" says Hick. The Pony wanted a couple of rugs, because he likes to kick off his shoes and socks when he come home. And he likes to sit on the floor in front of the couch, eating or computing on the coffee table. Which he will also need to buy or accept for free from Hick's Freight Container Garage Emporium.

 
That's the most colorful of the two.

 
Here's the other rug. Similar.

Hick also bought some flooring to fix the bad part of the original hardwood floors. Not necessarily "fix," but patch the worst parts with a little accent corner. He said this flooring was only $23 per box. So he might do the whole living room with it.

At first The Pony was not sold on the flooring, after looking only at this picture:

 
"I'm not sure I like it. Is that DIRT? Is it just dirty? Because it might be okay if it was cleaned off."

"No. Dad said its pattern is BARN WOOD. It's supposed to look like that."

"Oh. Well. Maybe."

The Pony went over to Pony House to help Hick on Tuesday. They put down the flooring from the Master Bedroom door across the living room to the furnace room. After discussing scrubbing the original hardwood, and maybe leaving it for the rest of the living room... a decision has now been made to invest another $150 on more of the BARN WOOD flooring, to cover the entire living room

For that price, I think it's the best decision. Not sure how those rugs will look on it! But they might be going in the two bedrooms instead.

 
This is standing in the Master Bedroom, looking out towards the furnace room. Hallway to back door and Half Bath on the left.

 
This is standing by the furnace room, looking towards the Master Bedroom, hallway to the back door on the right. I think doing the whole living room with the barn wood flooring is going to turn out great.

14 comments:

  1. I like it, it is very similar to what I have in my tiny house! Mine is lighter with lots of gray in it. It is LVP. I hate carpet and am happy the previous owners put this in. They had a dog and might have put it in to avoid cleaning the carpet to sell it. Good choice on the Pony's part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the neighbors, the people who previously lived in Pony House had large dogs, who are assumed to be the reason for the rotten parts of the original hardwood floors. Perhaps crated during the day? Or maybe just gossip.

      Delete
  2. I like the rugs, too and I think they could go in one room, as the colors match. My opinion. Cujo would want to mark it as belonging to us, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pony will have to get furniture and decide where it goes. Then he can choose where to put the rugs. He might want something else in the living room.

      Delete
  3. Those rugs will look great together, and I like the floor. I have several rugs that are similar just like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on how The Pony arranges his yet-to-be-bought furniture. He may use one in the living room, and one elsewhere.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I do like the flooring and what a deal on the rugs. I like them, too. Pony is going to think he's at the Taj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to Hick to find a bargain on flooring. Not as big a bargain as the rest of the house, which was given to him by Back-Creek Neighbor Bev, when she got new flooring for her house.

      The Pony DOES like the flooring, now that he's seen more than two random pieces.

      Delete
  5. The floor looks good. If Pony does not like the rugs I'm sure Hick could sell them for $10.50 each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look good against the greyish walls. I like the wo rugs, the first one in particular. I had a similar one but black where the white parts are on Pony house rug, and I just couldn't get the cat hair and fluff off the damned thing! the vacuum was useless and I'd be crawling around with a lint brush most days. That was when I had Angel with the four inch long coat. I rolled it back up one day and gave it back to the daughter who'd given it to me. Now I can just sweep the lino or vacuum if I'm feeling energetic enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned that cat-hair lesson when I stayed overnight with a teaching buddy before a conference near her town, and her cat slept on my black blazer that I had laid across my suitcase.

      Delete
  7. The two pieces don't look good at all, but the whole floor in that wood are great. And, I will take two of those rugs at $10/each! I love them, and they do go together, even in the same room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the living room turned out great with the whole floor done. I agree that the rugs were a bargain, and the colors make them go together.

      Delete