Friday, March 11, 2022

A Parade of Penny Goblets

Technically, it's more of a line-up than a parade. It's not like the dancing snacks parading to "Let's all go to the lobby!" played on the big screen at the movies, and also the drive-in. But who wants to read about a Penny Goblet line-up? That sounds criminal!

We had some sunshine on Thursday, before the next wave of snow that will supposedly show up here between noon and 2:30 on Friday. So I carted my Penny Goblets outside for a photo opportunity. 

 
I messed up their order! That's like calling your kid by his brother's name! It took me two trips to carry them out. Thankfully not literal TRIPS, since I was avoiding the cavorting dogs the whole time. They must have thought the goblets contained ice cream. Surely their noses are better than that. They kept prancing around, thinking I was about to toss something delicious their way. Pardon my fat finger in the photo. 

 
I present, from left to right, the compartmentalized contents of Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune:

2022, 2020, 2021, 2019, 2018

Yes. I transposed the two identical goblets. I know the difference, due to the yellow price tag on 2020. I tastefully concealed it on the back side. The two on the far right may look identical, but they have a different design. Besides, I didn't start collecting my pennies until March of 2018. So it has fewer coins.

The dogs are eternal optimists when it comes to treats, but even my Sweet, Sweet Juno was getting concerned that no treat would be forthcoming.

 
Jack said, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Juno?" He's a Pollyanna. Juno is a PigPen. It does no good to sweep off the porch. She will dig her cedar shavings out of her house, while skillfully leaving behind the antler, the chunk of what appears to be a petrified cow patty, and assorted deer leg bones. Besides, I no longer have a broom.

 
Juno is a fidgety flibbertigibbet. How do you solve a problem like my Juno? You throw her half a slice of Texas Toast. Don't let her eat out of your hand, or you might lose a finger. Jack will stand up his long body and dance around for his treat. That's without prompting. I would never make him do something so demeaning. He's lucky I give Juno her treat first, or she would steal his. This is not a flattering angle for Jack. He's not portly. He just has a wide chest from his heeler father.

You might think that I was being a bit frugal with the treat, what with having such a fortune on display. However, those dogs get a treat when I leave, when I return, and when I step out on the porch like this photo op. I have to be careful not to over-treat them.

6 comments:

  1. That's quite a haul you've got there, only a few hundred more goblets and you'll almost have your target. Heh. Hi Juno, Hi Jack :)
    The decking timbers could use a little TLC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This ain't the Taj Mahal! Hick happens!

      I'll need to start a workout regimen so I can carry my additional goblets out for a parade...

      Juno and Jack say: "Hi, River, where's our TREAT?"

      Delete
  2. YOu are rich. I did find 13 cents in the walmart parking lot a few days ago. 3 pennies and a dime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I haven't found that much in a day for a couple years. Not since I found, I think, 16 pennies on the blacktop road down by the mailboxes. I figured some kid tossed them out the bus window.

      Delete
  3. Juno is looking svelte! Our dogs no longer look as much alike as they did in the younger days. Toni has lots of white now in her face as she is aging gracefully. She will do a dance for a treat and never snatches it from me. Cujo tends to snatch now that his vision is going, and he fears Bo stealing it from him. Eddie is always a gentleman, that is just his nature. Happy for your pennies, but dogs are my thing. I collect dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni Louise is more petite than my Sweet, Sweet Juno. Jack doesn't snatch. He waits patiently, even if I have a treat grasped in my hand as I inch down the stairs holding the rail. He will sniff it, but not try to snatch it.

      Delete