Saturday, March 12, 2022

An AsCENT From Last Week's Total

This week Val managed to surpass last week's penny find by one! SATURDAY, March 5, I was waiting at the counter of Orb K for my scratchers to be counted out, when I looked down, just in case.
 
 
Right at my feet appeared a star for this week's Saturday CENTSus.

 
It was a heads-up 2021 penny, so shiny on that filthy floor.
____________________________________________________________________

The short-lived spate of luck continued when I popped into the Liquor Store for scratchers on SUNDAY, March 6.

 
The minute I stepped out of T-Hoe and closed the door, I had a little friend waiting for me.


It was a heads-up 1994 penny, whose age was a mystery until I took him home and rubbed Old Abe with my new green scrubby thing.
 
But WAIT! When I came back out, somebody else was cooling his tail on the cold pavement!
 
 
He'd probably been there all along, observing my ample rumpus from behind while I bent over to pick up his dirty buddy.

 
It was a heads-up 2012 penny, all dapper and clean, the Felix Unger of this Odd Couple.
___________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS, for 3 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 13, 14, 15.
Dime             0
Nickel           0
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. and the penny parade continues! Squee! You'll have those milkshake goblets filled in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pennies are back! Good to see your name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pennies and I have been reunited, and it feels so good!

      Delete