Thursday, March 31, 2022

Not That I Wasn't a Believer Before...

More shenanigans from our unseen trickster here at Thevictorian mansion!

Thursday morning, I decided to go to town early (for ME) before the main part of the rainstorm moved in between noon and 3:00. I usually don't get going until 2:00. 

The Pony had just left for work at 9:00, due in at 9:30. Poor Pony, it was too warm for his waterproof jacket, and also for his official USPS windbreaker. But he planned to wear the windbreaker anyway. Just the official cap to protect his head. I think he needs one of those safari kind of hats.

Anyhoo... we're not here to talk about The Pony getting soaked delivering the mail. We're here to assess the latest unexplained phenomenon in this house.

I decided to put off my shower until later, so I could get to town faster. I was in the master bathroom, standing at the sink, picking up the pick I used to unthread the tangles in the limp stringy mane that comprises my lovely lady-mullet.

THUMP!

What in the NOT-HEAVEN could that be? It was kind of behind me, kind of to my left. The area beside the vanity. I turned to see what might be out of place. Nothing really noticeable. Wait a minute! There was a tube of BenGay wedged between the wall and a jug of distilled water Hick uses to clean his breather. 

I know Hick does not store his BenGay between the wall and his distilled water jug. He's a hoarder, and shoves "collectibles" in every cranny in his BARn and Freight Container Garage, but not items that might be used a couple times a year.

There's a small shelf on the wall between the vanity and the big triangle tub. It holds some of Hick's prescription medication bottles. No room for that BenGay tube. It's too tall to stand on end there, and besides, no bottles were out of place. AND that BenGay tube would have needed to fall off the shelf, and hurl itself backward to land against the wall.

Further investigation showed a clean space in some dust that was on the corner of the tub. An oblong clean space. That BenGay tube had been laying there, and had flipped or flung itself over the side, across about six inches of space, to lodge on the distilled water jug.

Obviously, our entity had been expecting The Pony. Not me...

6 comments:

  1. Your Pony and Hick never are boring. Neither are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is weird. I could never have a sleepover there in case the house didn't like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't shower or bathe here either!

      IT HAPPENED AGAIN THURSDAY MORNING!

      The Pony had a day off. We'd been chatting in the living room, then he went back to his room. I was sitting on the short couch, watching reruns of "The Middle," when it happened. The Pony had been back in his room for about 10 minutes when we heard:

      BANG!

      A shampoo bottle had shot off his shower shelf again. The time was 9:40 a.m. Pretty close to the time the BenGay incident in the master bathroom had happened the previous day. I'm a little leery of what might happen Friday morning when I'm home alone again.

      Delete