Saturday, March 5, 2022

Making CENTS With Baby Steps

I am pretty much feeling normal after my Unfortunate HospitVALzation. It took a month, but I'm getting there. Baby steps, right? I've resumed my daily trip to town in T-Hoe, but I've not resumed my 44 oz Diet Coke habit. That might come eventually, but it is not appealing right now.

SUNDAY, Feb 27, as I made my scratcher rounds, Even Steven saw fit to feed my quest to complete my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.

 
There it was, waiting for me as I left the Gas Station Chicken Store.

 
It was a face-down 1991 penny, put in my path to feed my Fortune!

I proceeded almost-next-door to the Backroads Casey's. It's been a very long time since I was in there, because their parking lot is difficult to navigate with T-Hoe. The gas pumps make for tight quarters when somebody is pumping. They have painted actual parking space lines sine I've patronized this establishment. 

What with the recent sleet storm, there was a berm of frozen precipitation to clamber over before I could reach the sidewalk. I was careful! That ambulance ride is still too fresh in my mind. I'm not going down due to carelessness! I held onto T-Hoe's hood and took it slow. When I came out, I could see that the passenger side of T-Hoe had a much shorter ice field to hoist myself over. So I went that way. I was meant to do that, I tell you!

As I rounded T-Hoe's rear to approach my driver's side door, I spied a special treat!

 
Look at that pointy shadow part. If it was the center of a clock, the PENNY is at the 12:00 position above it. Don't be fooled by the piece of gum that is in the shadow, by the line in the pavement! I never would have seen it from the other direction. I missed it going in. That truck was already sitting there.

 
This was a heads-up 2018 penny. Looks like Even Steven is giving me the Honest Abes who need a bath. A test, perhaps, to see if I'm too high-falutin' snooty to pick up a filthy cent. 
I'm NOT!
_________________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS, for 2 CENTS this week towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 11, 12.
Dime             0
Nickel           0
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. No diet coke yet? This might be a good way to kick that habit, think of the money you'll save! I got fooled by that piece of gum, couldn't spot the penny at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. I used to only have my 44 oz Diet Coke on Friday and Saturday, as a special treat. I could see that happen again.

      I had to zoom in to find the penny. It's more of a glint than a penny shape. I was afraid I'd missed another coin, but zooming proved it to be gum.

      Delete
  2. Is change found in the washing machine considered "found" money? Only asking cuz I found some today in mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't count laundry change, but I'll take floor coins anywhere in the house besides around the couch where The Pony throws his stuff after work.

      You can set your own parameters! Finders keepers!

      Delete