Friday, March 25, 2022

Pony House Progress: Living Room

The Pony had a day off Thursday, and headed over to Pony House to help Hick. They got the living room floor almost finished. I say ALMOST, because what I thought was a hole in the corner turned out to be a couple of flooring pieces that are not yet in place. The Pony says Farmer H needs to buy one more box of flooring to get TWO PIECES.

 
The living room still needs to be painted, and the trim put down along the floor. Also, the joint between the living room and kitchen, from where this picture was taken.

 
After almost-finishing the living room floor, Hick and The Pony headed out to look at furniture. The Pony bought a couch, a refrigerator and ice-maker, a mattress and box springs, and a washer and dryer. They decided on the stackable version. Hick said the only regular washer they had was a small version, only suitable for washing a load of underwear. Heh, heh. Hick knows all about washing underwear, since his little tantrum right after we were married. His refusal to put his dirty clothes in the hamper resulted in him doing his own laundry.

Here's The Pony's new couch:

 
The pillows come with it. I think he should have asked for stuffing to be added to them!

And now, for your consideration, I present Hick's newest idea: using the barnwood flooring to cover the lower portion of the Bathroom 2 wooden wall. To use it like wallpaper, or paneling, up a little higher than the windowsill, with a chair rail topping it off.

 
Hick loves the idea, because he thought it up! The Pony says he thinks it will look good. I HATE IT! I think this will be too many different shades of wood, too many different textures. This barnwood flooring is not needed. It will detract from the rugged wood look of the original planks. 
 
What say YOU? Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. It's never been an issue before, heh, heh!

15 comments:

  1. I like it and it is a cheap fix. Love the sofa and soft pillows are more comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you're liking the whole living room floor, and NOT the bathroom wall proposal! Right about the soft pillows.

      Delete
  2. You can't have too many shades of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can! On a wall, anyway. I'm an anti-woodite!

      Delete
    2. When they are all in one room, YES YOU CAN, it just looks odd. If you could see my living/dining room you'd agree with me.

      Delete
  3. Ewwww...agrees with you! Lol S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to disagree with you, but I love that the salvaged wood is from the barn. Just a little nostalgic I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I was misleading. In a previous post about the living room flooring, I pointed out that this is a "barn wood" pattern on the $23 boxes of flooring that Hick found. The dark wood on the bathroom wall is what was there in the original 100-year-old house.

      Delete
  5. I hate that idea too. I'd suggest a bit of sanding on the original boards then stain and seal or just seal, those old boards are lovely.
    I LOVE The Pony's new couch :) :)
    The trim around the floor is what we call skirting boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FIRST plan was to sand and seal the two walls of Bathroom 2, and keep the wood as a contrast to the white board on the other two walls. Then Hick talked about putting in some caulking (to keep out a draft he noticed) that looks like chinking between the boards. I'm okay with that. But NOT with the addition of those barn wood floor boards as an accent on the wall.

      The Pony wanted that leather look. He had a couch like that in his college apartment.

      Definitely a lot of "skirting" left to do in Pony House!

      Delete
  6. Not a fan. Tell Hick I like the idea of trying to save money and use what you have on hand, not the look in this particular case. Nice couch! Just grab a bag of stuffing at Walmart to fluff up the pillows, or a bed pillow if that is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just doesn't go with that dark wood wall! No need for it. That's not even saving money, it's using flooring that could be used somewhere else in the future.

      For a minute, I thought you meant STOVE TOP STUFFING! So I wondered, "Wouldn't that be loud and crunchy when you put your head on it?" THEN I realized you meant soft, soft pillow stuffing.

      Delete
    2. You made me laugh, because I could picture a pillow of stove top stuffing, smelling of sage. I could even convince HeWho it was a therapeutic pillow, and the scent was to make on relax!!

      Delete
    3. Heh, heh! That made me think of the DOG PILLOW that Hick wanted to put on our bed. He thought he was getting a free HUMAN pillow when he bought a doghouse!

      There's a picture of it in the first story on this page from my really-old blog. I can't seem to get a link to the single blog post.

      https://hillbillymansionone.blogspot.com/search?q=dog+pillow

      Delete