Friday, March 4, 2022

Pony House Painting: With An Accent

The Pony was also thinking about too much white in his namesake house. Not exactly white, but the color he chose, which is a very light gray, almost white, called Icicle. He wanted an accent wall. The color he chose is not one that I would have put on my list. Even though we have an accent wall in our living room that is almost that color. Hick painted it one time as a "surprise" while I was gone. It was definitely a surprise when I came home and saw it.

Here's the accent wall in the Pony House kitchen:

 
It looks almost olive green here, but it's actually a shade of brown. Please excuse the mess in the living room. It seems to be Hick's workshop. The accent wall is continued around the corner, into the living room:

 
That's the hallway to the back door. The half bath is on the left, with its sliding barn style door. If you turn right through the hallway entrance, you are in the blue-walled hall to Bedroom 2. That open door on the left is the entrance to the Master Bedroom.

Not the Taj Mahal, but not bad for a 100-year-old house fixed up from its gutted stage by Hick and his old man helper. Still some work to do, but it's turning into a safe, livable house that won't cost The Pony a leg and a leg.

10 comments:

  1. I like that color. I had it in the campground house. You can pair just about any color with it. I think the house is amazing! What a gift for one so young as The Pony! I know he will be paying you back, but just the thoughtful planning and hard work that went into it is such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That color IS quite neutral. We plunked down the money for Pony House (well, a cashier's check, it's not like we arrived at the closing with a dumptruck full of pennies), so there's no loan or interest to deal with. We are using one of our other accounts to draw from for the renovations. That's why the outside might not get updated until The Pony has made some payments. When that account is empty, the spending stops. Hick will still work for free. But not buy anything else.

      The whole idea came about when The Pony was talking about getting an apartment. Hick and I can't see throwing away money on rent, and having nothing to show for it. It's different when WE are collecting the "rent." Which is actually payments The Pony will be making towards owning Pony House.

      Delete
  2. Will look just fine after the trim is painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last I heard, Hick and The Pony were debating stain or paint.

      Delete
    2. I vote a high gloss white...do I get a vote? Probably not...never mind.

      Delete
    3. I will submit your suggestion for consideration.

      Delete
  3. Hick has supplied two sons with houses. What a guy! He sure is a handyman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the other two don't come a-knockin'! Hick is a good handyman, and needs something to keep him busy.

      Delete
  4. I like it. I wouldn't choose it for my abode, but it is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have chosen it for mine, either, but there it was on one wall when I returned from my trip! At least The Pony picked it out, and knew where it was going.

      Delete