Saturday, March 26, 2022

Even Steven Provides a COINacopia This Week

Such a fantastic week in the Future Pennyillionaire Fortune quest!
 
SUNDAY, March 20, I stopped by Orb K for scratchers. Somebody was parked in my favorite spot by the giant manhole cover, so I went all the way around the corner, almost to the drive-thru lane, and parked in the last space. When I stepped out, I knew that I was meant to park there!
 
 
The minute I slid out of T-Hoe, I spied a penny! It's in that grease spot. I took a picture, and when I checked it to make sure I got the penny in frame, I saw ANOTHER penny!!! It was on the yellow parking line.

 
The first was a 2001 penny, face down. I can't believe that's the first one I noticed.

 
The second penny was a heads-up 1977. I grabbed them both, putting them in separate pockets to to remember which was which. I could not see the date at that time. I proceeded past the for-pay air pump, around the corner of the sidewalk, and to the front door of Orb K.

 
Wouldja lookie there! On the door frame, the threshold! It's a NICKEL, by cracky! My first nickel of 2022. I could not get a closeup, because somebody was waiting to come out. Thanks for not knocking my noggin with the door, Somebody. This was a face-down 1976 nickel. It shared my shirt pocket with one of the pennies. But WAIT!

 
While getting for my scratchers, I looked down and saw the THIRD penny waiting for my capture! I was almost in need of extra pockets.

 
It was a face-down 1982 penny, poised in the filth of Orb K's floor. They just can't get it together in the housekeeping department.
________________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, March 24, my luck continued. I went to Country Mart for some rye bread to make Reuben sandwiches, and on the way in, by my old nemesis the PLASTIC KIDDIE POOL, I found a penny!

 
It's almost camouflaged, there below the crack, near that gray chip in the sidewalk. If you were concentrating on the kiddie pool, wary of an attack, you might have missed it.

 
This was a face-down 1981 penny. Welcome to my collection, friend. 
 
From Country Mart, I continued to the Liquor Store for scratchers.

 
Well, hello there, little buddy. I didn't see you until that man got his cigarettes and left. I've got some friends for you to meet.

 
This was a heads-up 1992 penny. Unfocused by my phone.

On to Orb K again, the scene of my magnificent haul on Sunday. It's my last stop on the way out of town. I go there at least once a week. Sometimes twice. Not every day.

 
This was an opportune time to stop. I got my favorite parking space. And right at my feet on the way up the concrete ramp was a DIME! My first dime of 2022!

 
It was a face-down 2000 dime. Welcome to my tall ice cream goblet!
___________________________________________________________________

Yes, it was definitely a good week for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. 
That's 7 COINS, for 20 CENTS added to the coffers!
________________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.
Dime            # 1
Nickel          # 1
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am lucky that my knees could withstand the extra burden in my pockets!

      Delete
  2. Looks like Even Steven is back from his holidays and ready to work. For you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's more energized after his vacation. He even gave me a $40 scratcher winner yesterday! Sorry, I've confiscated Even Steven's passport for a few weeks, so he can't help you until I've squeezed all the luck out of him!

      Delete
  3. I;m thinking that old leprechaun lost some of his loot and you found it. may this week be as profitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't get EVENED this week by Even Steven. This was an extraordinary take.

      Delete