Monday, March 14, 2022

He's NOT Getting His Own Themed Shed

Hick bought himself a trinket at the auction Saturday night. He's quite proud of it. This one is fairly large as trinkets go. Hick sent me a picture, with a message that it was "red skeliton."

 
As you can see, it is a figurine of Red Skelton. Hick says he has batteries, and "...dances or sings or something." I'm pretty sure he doesn't DANCE. I don't see any way for his legs to move. But I guess there's room for a speaker to play music or a song.

"He's got batteries in him, but they're dead."

"You'd better take them out! Before they corrode."

"Yeah. I have to put more in to see if he works."

"What are you going to do with him?"

"KEEP HIM!"

"Over in the BARn?"

"Or in one of my sheds."

"Oh, no! He's not getting his own themed shed is he?"

"No. I don't think so."

Red cost $5. He isn't for sale. Not even for a .50 profit. I'm pretty sure Red would be welcome in the Railroad Car Shed. With the hobo theme and all.

13 comments:

  1. Maybe he sings "Do the Freddie."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM curious to know what sound this guy makes.

      If it plays "Holiday for Strings"

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65J9JLoQVk

      OR

      "The Time Has Come to Say Goodnight" [at 1:57]

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FC5AZihwrU

      then Hick will know this is Red Skelton

      Delete
  2. His own themed shed? Oh, I bet not.

    Every week we watched his shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick says he watcher every week, too. I saw it on occasion. I was more of a Carol Burnett watcher.

      Delete
  3. It looks like an Emmett Kelly figurine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe... Emmett Kelly had a tie. But Freddie the Freeloader had the taller hat, didn't have the red ball nose, and wore a white shirt instead of green like Emmett Kelly. Hick is convinced it's Red Skelton as Freddie the Freeloader. Maybe the music would be a clue.

      Delete
    2. It is nice, anyway. Does it have any numbers on the bottom to google and see who it is? I like it.

      Delete
    3. It very well could be. Ignore me...lol.

      Delete
    4. Hick didn't bring him in the house, so I don't know about numbers. I am not so fond of him!

      I googled pictures of both, to see if maybe Hick was mistaken. I am not that familiar with either.

      Delete
  4. I like him! He looks like his head might "dance" a bit when new batteries are in and turned on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still not sure what power the batteries might give him. I guess Hick will tell me when he figures it out.

      Delete
  5. "Skeliton" made me laugh. HeWho has some strange ways to spell things, but you surely already knew that! Maybe he is worth some huge amount of money, like Tom Brady's last touchdown football!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he's not even worth $5! But Hick likes him, so that's all that matters.

      Delete