Thursday, March 10, 2022

I'm BACK, Baby!

Okay, the Truth in Blogging Law requires me to inform you that I am actually only halfway back. I went down the 13 rail-less steps to the basement Wednesday night! I'd been down there twce already, to get some tax return info from my dark basement lair. That was just a down-and-back trip. Plus the journey a few days ago to reset my modem so I could access the innernets. But THIS TIME, I stayed! For 6 hours!

Wednesday was the first night of the new season of Survivor. I'm a Survivor aficionado. Ever since Sue Hawk told Kelly Wiglesworth that she was a rat. I couldn't miss the opening episode! Hick was in a fit of pique over me not wanting to go inside at Captain D's for lunch after my doctor appointment, so there was no way he was going downstairs to watch his precious Dr. Pimple Popper. If I wanted to see Survivor, I knew I had to descend those steps.

It was just like old times! I sat in my OPC (Old People Chair). I covered up with my fleece throw that I won at one of my sister the ex-mayor's wife's Christmas Eve competitions. The last time I did that, I was feverish with The VIRUS. Also this time, I even fell asleep during the show! I only missed about 20 minutes in the middle, when they were scheming about who to vote out. And also during Tribal Council. So I missed the end of the show. Thankfully, I woke up in time to see the previews for next week, and saw the one player still there. PLUS the closing credits, where the first one voted out said a few words. So I didn't really miss anything.

I wanted to see the weather. Supposedly 1-3 inches of snow are headed our way on Thursday night. However, I nodded off in my heated OPC (Old People Chair), and awoke at 1:00 a.m. Going back up those 13 rail-less stairs was harder than coming down. I hurt my knee doing it during the tax-record-hunt, and also I had stiffened up during my chair nap. I made it, though. Good thing, since nobody was there to hear me fall like a tree in a forest.

I still haven't spent time in my lair, reuniting with New Delly. That day will come. Genius is missing his weekly letters. More likely his weekly scratchers.

16 comments:

  1. If Hick can do a complete tear down and rebuild of the Pony house he could build you a handrail. Or maybe you could get one of those sit down stair riding chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the catch. Hick COULD. He could also fix our kitchen sink that leaks water around the turn-on lever thingy, and the part where the water comes out.

      STAIR RIDING CHAIR! Are you in cahoots with Hick, and trying to kill me? Like the old lady in "Gremlins," who got on her stair riding chair and shot out the window at the top of the stairs! (2-minute clip)

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK30R1gsgGk

      Delete
    2. Can't believe I never saw that movie.

      Delete
    3. I can't believe you never saw it either.

      Delete
  2. SO happy to see you are back to the old haunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to be back. Especially in my OPC (Old People Chair).

      Delete
  3. Come on Hick! Get that stair rail up! My she shed comes tomorrow!! Walking up my drive is an experience! I am winded when I get there and coming back down is easier through the woods with trees to grab! Just no steps up yet. If I try to jump the ditch to go back down the drive and hit the drive too fast, I have no choice but to run down to keep from falling! Thank God I don't have neighbors that could spy on me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't jump the ditch! Grab the trees! You don't want any setbacks to keep you from fixing up that She Shed.

      Delete
  4. Dr Pimple Popper??? What? Who?
    Anyway, it's good that you're getting back to your familiar routine, like the napping under a blanket in your chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a series on TLC. I am NOT going to post a clip. I can't watch it. If Hick has it on, I have to look away. It's a woman doctor who deals with skin problems. Mainly skin problems that involve lumps that emit goo when lanced.

      It was the best sleep I've had in two months!

      Delete
    2. I even have to turn away on the promo's! She ain't popping pimples, those people grow second heads.

      Delete
    3. I agree! And I feel the same way about those two foot shoes. I don't know if they're on any more. Now Hick watches something called STUCK, about people who have something stuck inside them!

      Delete
    4. I love those shows!! Takes me back to my nursing days! The thing people will stick in themselves, the stories I could tell ....

      Delete
    5. NOOOOO! I am not the least bit curious! Some people like Hick would say, "Do tell!" I scream, "DON'T tell!"

      Delete
  5. I agree with joeh about the handrail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even The Pony said just today, "Dad really needs to put up a handrail for you."

      Delete