Saturday, March 19, 2022

A CENTS-less Tragedy: One Abe Left Behind

There was a bargain on draw tickets from the Missouri Lottery on THURSDAY, March 17. If you bought $6 (three plays) on Cash4Life, The Pony's favorite ticket, you got a FREE Powerball ticket! With the PowerBall jackpot at $147 million, and since I buy the Cash4Life anyway, I went to two places to purchase them. Of course one was the Gas Station Chicken Store. The other was the Casey's across the moat, and past Hick's pharmacy.
 
I hadn't been in the Casey's for a couple weeks. The parking is hard to navigate, and they're usually busy. This time, I found a space. Good thing, since my other go-to lottery stop, the Liquor Store, was busy with St. Patrick's Day customers.
 
Looks like I was meant to be at Casey's.

 
TWO pennies were waiting for me. I doubt they had been there for two weeks, though. I was able to get photos and nab them, because that register was closed, and I let another customer go ahead of me at the open one.

 
The penny on the right was a face-down 2001. I am happy to report that nobody was ample-rumpused in the harvesting of this penny.
 
 
The penny on the left was a face-down 1999. Sadly, a woman and her preschool daughter were ample-rumpused as I picked this one up. Don't you worry about them! They were compensated by that register opening up, and being served ahead of me.

As I stepped back, and got in line at the open register, I saw a THIRD penny under the candy rack. That was when a clerk opened up that register. Also, it was my turn to step forward at my register. I was pretty sure I shouldn't shove that woman and preschool daughter aside to try and nab that penny. No need to George-Costanza-in-a-smoky-apartment-birthday-party them! There was only a slim chance I could stick my foot far enough under the rack to get that penny, anyway. Oh, the tragedy of one Abe left behind!
______________________________________________________________________

That's 2 COINS this week, for 2 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
________________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 16, 17.
Dime             0
Nickel           0
Quarter        0
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter          6
________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. I feel your loss, your mourning of old Abe. Hope you make up for it this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Old Abe is a terrible thing to leave behind!

      Delete
  2. That might haunt you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate waste! If it had been Orb K, Old Abe would probably still be there the next time I go. Casey's sweeps the floor more often.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure Abe didn't mind being left behind. By next week, or whenever you go next, he may have been nudged into a more accessible position for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some friends will have joined him!

      Delete
  4. I am surprised you did not immediately abandon your place in line to make a maneuver to claim your rightful cents (sense?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already given up my place in the single open line at the time. Then after my transaction, I would have needed to go back through the other now-open line, and arrive at the counter with nothing to purchase. Not sure the cashier or other waiters would have appreciated my ample rumpus while I tried to rescue recalcitrant Abe.

      Delete