Sunday, March 6, 2022

One Month Credit For Hick

It only took Hick two months this year to set me up with my new penny-collecting container. Even though I got it on March 3, I'm giving Hick one month's credit. After all, we were barely into March. If I was feeling generous, I'd knock off another month, since I was unable to collect pennies during most of February, due to my Unfortunate HospitVALzation. I'm not feeling all that generous, though...

I took my new penny goblets (yes, with an S) out for a photo opportunity. Don't be shocked by the sun and springlike background. We had a high of 78 degrees on Friday! I hope the snow is gone for good! The snow that might fall out of the sky. There's still LITERAL snow left, piled up at the License Office and the funeral home across from it. That stuff is slow to melt when you smash it all together.

 
That's my 2022 Future Pennyillionaire Fortune in the left goblet. I think these two look more like milkshake glasses. They are heavy glass. I particularly like the design on the base:

 
They seem to be sturdy enough to hold a GIANT FORTUNE! So I'm ready, Even Steven! 

Hick found them in his hoard from the Original 13 Storage Units that he bought to start his Storage Unit Store. They were SO FILTHY that I didn't want them sitting on the kitchen counter! Hick said it was just dust. That was no consolation. I toyed with the idea of taking a picture of them like that, for shaming purposes, but I didn't want to touch them! I only picked them up the next morning, to rinse them in hot water as a prelude to actually submersing them in a sink of sudsy water. They cleaned up pretty good!

Hopefully, I will accrue more than those 12 pennies this year, and fill one to the tippy-top.

14 comments:

  1. That yucky looking penny in the previous post reminds me of the dilemma I had the other day. Well it wasn;t really a dilemma for me, but it nmight have been for you. there were coins laying next tot he commode ont he bathroom floor of a public restroom...in some sort of liquid. Would you or wouldn't you have picked them up? I did not /could not. Nice glasses for your coin collection. Maybe you could get four and separate your loot by denominations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! Not even if there was no liquid! I might have picked up a coin in the sink area, or at the entrance door. But nowhere near the stalls and toilets! The outside ones I figure have been rained on or sanitized by ultraviolet light. I'm not touching a toilet penny!

      I don't find enough of the quarters, dimes, and nickels to warrant a separate container for them.

      Delete
  2. Look like the milkshake glasses you got at Howard Johnson's. Once upon a time they also left the metal mixing container with a little bonus shake...no more, I mean even before HoJo's became no more they were no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got a chance to visit HoJo's, but I think I saw one as we were driving by.

      Delete
  3. They are really lovely and probably were milkshake glasses before paper cups took over. I'm going to have to start doing the rounds of thrift stores again soon, there's a few things I'd like to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick has been so busy with Pony House that he hasn't been Goodwilling in a long time!

      Delete
  4. I love those penny holders! They do look like milkshake glasses! Will be fun watching you fill them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll take a picture of my 2021, 2020, and 2019 collections to show the comparison.

      Delete
    2. I would like to see that comparison.

      Delete
    3. I'm waiting on the weather. We had snow flurries this morning, and it was 38 degrees when I went to town. I should have taken advantage of those 70+ degree days we had on Friday and Saturday.

      Delete
  5. Hope you fill them both. Linda's comment triggered my gag reflex! I know things can be washed, but some things are best left where they lay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I filled the others, but I'm a month behind now. The worst I picked up was in a puddle with an oily sheen on top, making rainbow swirls of color.

      Delete
  6. I had short penny containers where I kept wheat pennies, but they went to the dump with my house. I like the milkshake glasses for pennies. I need to go to some junk/thrift stores. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you lost your treasures. I give my wheat pennies to Hick, who has a collection of them, along with silver dimes. I forget the cut-off year for silver, but you can tell when you get a dime without the copper in the middle.

      Those glasses would be great with a MILKSHAKE in them! I like the thick glass.

      Delete