Saturday, December 31, 2022

UPDATE! Such a Disappointing Ex-PENNY-ence

The end of the year has arrived, and Val has fallen short of her PENNY goal for her Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Not by far. By a SINGLE PENNY!!!

THURSDAY, December 29, I was in line at the Gas Station Chicken Store when I spied a penny waiting for my Fortune. It was at the feet of a dump truck driver who was paying for his diesel gas, and getting three scratchers and some chewing tobacco.


When it was my turn, I stepped up to the counter and got my close-up.


It was a heads-up 2018 penny. But WAIT! As I was standing up, clearing my phone before picking up my rightful penny, I explained to the guy behind me, "I've found a lucky penny. I collect them." You know, to take the sting out of the ample-rumpusing he was about to experience. And do you know what he did??? He leaned down to pick up the penny for me, and when he handed it to me, there were TWO in his hand!!!

"Thank you! You didn't have to do that. Wait. Where did this other penny come from?"

"From my pocket."

"Oh. Thank you so much!"

The extra penny was a 2012. I don't know its orientation in his pocket!

Unless I find another coin before midnight on Saturday, it looks like I've come up ONE SINGLE PENNY SHORT from last year's totals. At least I was ahead in the dime and quarter categories. This might be the last posting of my Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. My heart and rumpus have gone out of it.
______________________________________________________________________

OH MY GOSH! I found one! At 3:46 p.m. on SATURDAY, December 31, while coming out of the Gas Station Chicken Store!


Don't be fooled by the one that looks penny-colored! That's GUM! It's been there a while. The one on the left is the corroded penny I spied on the way to T-Hoe parked around the corner.


This was also a 2012 penny, like the one gifted to me by the kind stranger in line behind me the previous day. This one was heads-up. A fitting way to end the year. So now I'm tied with last year's penny record!
________________________________________________________________

That's 2 3 COINS this week, for 2 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 FINAL TOTAL

Penny          # 122, 123, 124.
Dime            still at 21.
Nickel          still at 7.
Quarter       still at 9.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. I tie is better than a loss, but I really wish you had found at least one more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Makes me regret the times I saw a penny too far under the snack racks. I should have tried to drag them out with something! Who knew it would come down to the wire?

      Delete
  2. Your tax preparer will have to be notified. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am my own tax preparer, so I am duly notified! Happy New year to you and Bill and your Sassy cat, and Liam, Alex, and Charlie.

      Delete