Saturday, December 3, 2022

Val's Penchant For Hanging Around Trash Cans is Purely COINcidental

Any week is a good week when a penny is found. So this week was triple good.

WEDNESDAY, November 30, was very good. On my way into the Backroads Casey's, I saw a penny waiting for me by the trash can.

 
Looks like that trash can has seen better days.

 
This was a face-down 1981 penny, with a nice coppery patina. Perhaps there was more copper in the coins that long ago.

Once inside, my good (Future Pennyillionaire) Fortune continued:

 
No, not the rumpus nor the untied shoe of the man ahead of me, but the penny lurking under the counter.

 
It was a face-down 2007 penny, ready to go home in my pocket and plunk into my penny goblet.
______________________________________________________________________

FRIDAY, December 1, Val once again had her head almost in the trash, this time at the School-Turn Casey's.

 
This Casey's has a prettier wall, and a better-maintained trash can.

 
This version was a face-down 1998 penny. Welcome to my collection.
______________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 113, 114, 115.
Dime            still at 20.
Nickel          still at 7.
Quarter       still at 7.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. That trash can has been trashed. Ha Ha, I'm so funny! I'll go back to picking cat hairs off my T-shirt now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I appreciate your comedy stylings, but not your sartorial flair.

      Delete
  2. You are one day going to find a million dollar penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't, it won't be for a lack of looking!

      Delete
  3. I suppose most coins would be found near the register area or the trash cans where people may be emptying their pockets of trash. I look, but I never find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand coins found near the register. The ones by the trash can, I think come from people trying to stuff their change in their pocket as they walk to the car. Even though most people seem to use plastic to pay these days.

      Delete