Saturday, December 24, 2022

Close, But No Cigar For Val's PENNY Coffers

Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune got a boost this week! But still not enough pennies to break last year's record.

MONDAY, December 19, I stepped out of the Gas Station Chicken Store and saw a penny winking at me from the pavement!


A car was parked there when I went in, but that penny waited patiently for me to exit.


It was a heads-up version of Abe Lincoln from 1967.
________________________________________________________________

TUESDAY, December 20, was a busy day as I made multiple stops to gather scratchers to give Hick and the boys for Christmas. My wildest coin dreams came true when I bellied up to the counter at the Sis-Town Casey's.


That's a QUARTER, a DIME, and two PENNIES! I didn't get close-ups of each one. That would be crazy... I don't know if they were heads or tails, but upon closer inspection at home, I had a 1999 New Jersey quarter, a 2014 dime, and two pennies that were both from 2020.

But wait! I still had a stop to make at the School-Turn Casey's. I was meant to be there. On the floor beside a had display on the merchandising wall that keeps a line from forming logically... I spied another QUARTER!


Maybe this was a sign that I should get myself another sock cap to survive the frigid conditions of my kitchen!


It was a tails-up 2019 Idaho quarter, which did not photograph well. Never you mind! That was my SECOND QUARTER OF THE DAY! 
______________________________________________________________________

That's 6 COINS this week, for 63 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 119, 120, 121.
Dime            # 21.
Nickel          still at 7.
Quarter       # 8, 9.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. What a scoop! And definitely get another sock cap so you have one to wear while the other is in the wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to spend my hard-found Future Pennyillionaire money on a second sock cap! I found one when I was straightening the end table. It's a brown Carhartt version, stretchy and comfy. A great backup.

      Delete