Saturday, December 17, 2022

Val Wins the Triple COIN

This was a better week than last for Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune. Three times better!
 
TUESDAY, December 13, I was over in Sis-Town to give The Pony some rancid Chex Mix. It was not a wasted trip, apparently, thanks to his affinity for old nuts! While at the Casey's for scratchers, I returned to T-Hoe to find a grand sight:

 
TWO pennies waiting just for me at the bottom of the concrete handicap walkway.

 
The first was a 2002 Abe Lincoln, lying face-up near two butts.

 
The second was a shiny face-down 2008 version, wallowing in the muck.
______________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY, December 15, I was back at the Sis-Town Casey's on my regular errand day, pulling in to buy T-Hoe's gas.

 
As soon as I stepped out, I could see that I was in the right place at the right time.

 
It was a face-down 2020 penny, waiting to be harvested and hoisted into my shirt pocket. While inside, I purchased two of my favorite $3 crossword scratchers. The clerk only gave me one, so I had to remind her for the second. Which was a $30 winner!
 
There's two weeks left, and six pennies needed to tie my 2021 penny record...
______________________________________________________________________

That's 3 COINS this week, for 3 CENTS towards Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune!
______________________________________________________

2022 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny          # 116, 117, 118.
Dime            still at 20.
Nickel          still at 7.
Quarter       still at 7.
 
2021 FINAL TOTALS

Penny        124
Dime           14
Nickel           7
Quarter         6
_______________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, you're back on track! Those butts look to have a decent amount of tobacco left, there are men around here who would pick those up! They collect any that aren't smoked right down to the filter and when they have a pocketful, they sit somewhere and tear them open, tipping the tobacco into a small container and then they use it to make very skinny roll-your-owns. It's a sad way to live in my opinion but these are usually homeless people with very little money and a pack of ciggies here can be as high as $50 depending on what brand you buy.
    I tried a couple of scratchers this week, won a free ticket and $3, so I bought another two dollar ticket and won $3 again. I think I'll stop now while I'm ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My finding is back on track, but my BLOGGER and gmail and phone have gone all wonky. Hick's phone played dead for everything except emergency calls, so he went to the phone store and got a new sim card. Which didn't help much. Now my HIPPIE won't show the home page, even when I reset it. Won't download a photo Hick sent me. I think The Universe is conspiring against me.

      Cigarettes are expensive here too, from what I hear in the convenience store line. Congrats on your good luck, and your good sense to stop for a while since you're ahead!

      Delete