Sunday, August 15, 2021

You Can't Bank on THIS

While waiting in line at the bank drive-thru on Thursday, growing a long white beard, Guinness Book of World Record fingernails, and my lovely lady-mullet down to my heels... 
I noticed something amiss.

 
Yes, I was being one of those people who hedge their bets. Waiting to see which car in front of me might get done first. Also like most people, I chose the wrong lane. This dude had his car turned off. Should have been a clue. The one out of sight to the left drove off. One that had come in behind me pulled up. So I was still cooling my ample rumpus on T-Hoe's leather seat at 98 degrees with the windows up and the air conditioner running.

Anyhoo... did you notice what was amiss? The drive-thru lane on the right!

 
It's gonna be hard to reach the canister in that one! I'm pretty sure it didn't just topple over. Pretty sure they're not doing renovations, leaving that jagged metal laying there with no caution tape draped around it. I guess it was a fresh demolition. Because it has to be, right? Not a careful dismantling.

 
Tubes and wires hanging all willy-nilly.

 
Frayed wires! Now look at that first picture again. There are metal poles in front of the canister-dispenser thingies, to KEEP PEOPLE FROM DRIVING INTO THEM! So how did this one get toppled? Did someone drive past it, then reverse? Or did they jump out with a sledgehammer and pound that thing into submission?

To paraphrase Chris Rock on woman-beaters, I would NEVER hit a bank drive-thru unit. But I understand...

So do my long white beard, world-record fingernails, and Crystal-Gayle-length hair.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe...probably...I think that...ah, I got nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a bit wishy-washy... Where were YOU on the day of August 12, 2021, shortly prior to 3:27 p.m.?

      Delete
  2. I think you should storm into that bank and demand to see the video of the destruction... and pray hick was nowhere near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! When I looked back at the top picture, I thought I saw TIRE TRACKS coming in from the right side, from that alley. I hope there were no forensics experts trying to match them to a Silverado.

      Delete
  3. I thought it was a catalytic converter from some poor guy's car that had been nearly detached by a thief before being frightened off and then the guy was pounding his steering wheel so hard while waiting in the bank drive thru to be waited on that he knocked it off and it fell to the ground under his car and he never noticed it and stormed off in a rage. But, nyahhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not want to be behind (nor in front of) a vehicle with a catalytic converter that size! Also, it's not far-fetched that a thief would be after it, as I just recently read about a catalytic converter theft ring in the city.

      Delete
  4. I like Chris Rock, he's funny. I suspect someone got fed up with something there and took it out on the damaged whatsit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could better have spent their time chillin' out, listening to Chris Rock.

      Delete