Thursday, August 19, 2021

More Like Christmas Morning Than You Might Imagine

Hick has been hitting the auctions heavily for the past two weeks. Sometimes four nights a week. I think he purely loves to buy things! Like a shopaholic. Hick is a bid-a-holic! He's even generous with his purchases. Wednesday morning, I had a surprise waiting for me in the kitchen, perched atop HIPPIE, my laptop on the kitchen table.

 
Some auction food is safe to eat! I don't want any auction MEAT, (although Hick brought home some sausage and I fed it to him a few months ago), but auction CHOCOLATE and auction COOKIES surely can't hurt you! So far, I've eaten two squares of the candy bar, and the cookies are still unopened. The Pony had eaten TWO of the candy bars since he got up.

"Let me tell you how to open them! It looks like a box, with that little pull tab, but it doesn't pull! I found that out the hard way. It just unfolds, from the seam on the back. It's surprisingly good chocolate. I was only going to eat one, but it's so soft and delicious."

"I checked the date--"

"I know! April 1, 2021."

"That's practically fresh for chocolate! I'm still not done with my Easter bunny Dad gave me last week! I checked the date on these cookies, and you'll be surprised: October, 2021. They're not even expired!"

Anyhoo... I don't know what Hick paid for the cookies. He's brought them home before, too. But I saw his box of candy bars across the table. They come in this green wrapper, and in red. He bought 36 candy bars, for $4.00. He said he would have bought more, if he knew how good they were.

So those candy bars cost Hick 11 cents apiece. I'm pretty sure he's not planning to sell them. Not even for a 50-cent profit.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe he could get that much profit by selling them to you and the Pony! Pay up, chocaholics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! Who are YOU, Hick's AGENT? Are you getting a cut of the profits?

      Delete
  2. I'd like to know how long those 36 bars will last, since you are still working on the Easter Bunny, which I would have demolished in a day or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I've only eaten half of a candy bar. The bunny still has his feet. Like I said, I only eat that auction chocolate as my breakfast dessert, after the dry Honey Nut Cheerios (store brand version). So if I was the one eating the candy bars, they'd last at least until THIS Christmas.

      However... with The Pony and Hick eating them, I'd say they might make it until the end of August. I think I should take about 5 of them and hide them (perhaps under a kitchen towel) so I'll have my own stash.

      If I was taking them down to my lair, they'd disappear a lot quicker as a snack in front of New Delly.

      Delete
  3. Russell Stover and I are best friends. If only I had seen those kitty bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell has become my breakfast companion! I'm glad he made an appearance at the auction.

      Delete
  4. I have never been a fan of chocolate , but the cookies would appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick gave me some of these cookies before, in a bag The Pony had ripped open like a psycho, so they could eat some while waiting for either an appointment, or The Pony's new phone. They are shortbread cookies that I would like better with more sugar clinging to them, but I'm not complaining about cheap auction cookies.

      Delete