Monday, August 16, 2021

Hick's Latest Auction Buys

Saturday night, Hick picked up some new merchandise at the auction. Here's what I remember...
 
 
The Harley Davidson mirror might have cost $10, will sell for $20. 
 
The bottom knife cost $25, will sell for $45. It's a Case XX, whatever that means.
 
The top knife cost $15, will sell for $25.
 
The globe cost $3, Hick will ask $10. He says it's an old globe. Didn't look at the countries.
 
The egg basket cost $5, will ask $10.
 
The frame the knives are perched atop contains stamps, Hick thinks. Didn't say the cost.
 
The boat model in a box Hick will ask $20 for. He says it was a replica of a boat given to somebody who won the actual boat in a bass tournament. I think he called it a Bass Power Boat. Or a Power Bass Boat. He knows some guy who has such a real boat, and it costs around $45,000. We could get two houses for that!
 
 
Two tackle boxes (empty) bought for $3 each, will sell for $8 each. 
 
Hick didn't mention the price of that other tackle box, or the two pet carriers, or the homemade Coke rack, or the hatchet.
 
Tomorrow, I will reveal Hick's upgraded unit, heh, heh!

8 comments:

  1. I never understand knife costs. Used to be a late night TV show where they sold like 700 ornate knives of various styles for 74.95. ALL THE KNIVES. And there's more, they threw in a couple of swords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember the Ginsu knives, sawing through a soda can, then slicing a tomato.

      It there were swords, Hick kept them, and they're in The Pony's Knife Shack.

      Delete
  2. I think Hick has this business of his down pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick IS a shrewd businessman, and his pockets are full of 50-cent profits.

      Delete
  3. I like the handmade Coke rack and that small package next to it "Coke Kids Togs", I wonder if those will fit one of my little redheaded dolls? How much is postage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. The clothes kind of look like Barbi size. I'll ask Hick what he knows about postage. Every now and then he mails something through the UPS store to his brother in Vegas. He could ask there, and I could look up USPS.

      Delete
  4. Barbie size is no good unless the top opens down the back, Barbie's head is much smaller than my little redheads. I found some Coke Kids Togs on ebay but they are cabbage patch kid sized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, your four gingers DO have generous brain-cases. These clothes look like they may be too small for them.

      Delete