Saturday, August 28, 2021

With One You Get Showcase: A Less Than CENTSational Week

My shirt's penny-pocket was as lonely as that single chime left on Hick's wind chime this week. Lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely as a Led Zeppelin song. Lonely, in fact, until TUESDAY, August 26, when I found a single penny at the Sis-Town Casey's.

 
I missed it as I walked by the gas pump on the way in. Can YOU see it? Because I have blog space to fill up, with no plethora of pennies to fill it, I shall show you a mid-size view.

 
Yeah. I must have walked right over it on the way in. Unless the people on Pump 5 dropped it while I was inside, and it made a left turn in mid-air to get around the gas pump. Perhaps like the Keith Hernandez spit that hit Newman and Kramer as they were leaving the stadium on June 14, 1987.

 
It was a face-down 1975 penny, looking like it might not be suitable for spending at the Gas Station Chicken Store, what with their new policy of only accepting washed/dried/waxed coins... I suppose maybe I found this penny on the way back to T-Hoe because all my senses were heightened, after that near-death experience of walking across WET SOAPY TILE after the Casey's clerk mopped around my feet while I was paying.
_____________________________________________________________________

That makes 1 COIN this week, for 1 CENT plinked into the coffers of Val's Future Pennyillionaire Fortune.
_____________________________________________________________________

2021 RUNNING TOTAL

Penny       # 89.
Dime         still at 11.
Nickel       still at 4.
Quarter    still at 5.

2020 TOTALS
Penny     134
Dime        25
Nickel      10
Quarter      1
________________________________________________________




4 comments:

  1. Great post. I wish I'd kept a running tally of coins my wife and I've picked up in random places for years. We're always on the lookout, and keep them in a jar until there's enough to make a deposit. Every penny counts, we say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! More competition for my quest to become a pennyillionaire!

      Delete