Monday, August 23, 2021

Hick Is Not Lamping WITH You, He's Lamping AT You

Hick is showing off his auction wares again. I guess he likes me to display his merchandise that he displays in front of his Storage Unit Store. Saturday night, Hick saw the light. Or at least the lamp. LAMPS. Eight of them!

 
Hick bought these eight lamps for $34. He says he can sell them for $10 each. That's a pretty good profit. Better than 50 cents! He didn't mention the lantern. I don't know if it was part of that deal. You can tell it's used, by the soot on the glass. I don't know if Hick will keep it, or clean it up, or sell it as-is.

The fishing poles behind the table, on the rack Hick built to display them, are not new. They're part of the collection that he continuously sells, repairs more  from his stash, and puts on display.
 
He also bought those cookies, for $1 a pack, but brought them home rather than trying to sell them. I didn't check for the expiration date, but I sampled one. I think Hick and his cronies ate another pack of cookies. Unless the auction seller opened a pack for all to try. They are BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies. 

 
That's a close-up of the one Hick gave me, posed on a paper plate in my lair. It looks like it's just floating there. Be careful not to hurt your eyes... looking for the chocolate chips! It was tasty enough. Nothing I'd begrudge Hick for eating and depriving me of a fair share. They are crunchy, not soft. You can definitely taste the banana.

At the other end of the table is a toolbox:

 
"I paid $6 for the toolbox, and I had a guy today who bought if for $10."

"ONLY $10? With all the stuff in it? I think it's worth more than that!"

"Oh, there's probably $150 worth of stuff IN the toolbox. The problem is waiting for somebody who needs it. They only buy one or two pieces at a time. There's bolts in there that are $3 apiece. And those [round thingies I can't remember the name of] are probably $4 each. I could have used it over in my workshop, but I have so much of that stuff already. I had a buyer there, so I sold it. I made my $6 back, PLUS another $4. So I'm good with that."

Hick's Storage Unit Store. You can always find a bargain.

10 comments:

  1. I like the lamps, I believe people collect those. I particularly like the cobalt blue ones...he should charge at least $15 for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Hick asks more, but takes less. So he MIGHT be asking $15, with the intention of selling for $10. So people think they're getting a better deal.

      Delete
  2. Boy! What a bargain on the toolbox! I like the lamps, I really like lamps, they remind me of simpler times, but I'm glad I don't have to be reading or sewing by lamplight. The blue ones are pretty and I think they should be sold as a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That toolbox is indeed a bargain, if you do work that requires those long bolts and the round thingies I can't remember the name of. Or if you have a regular customer who buys them. We have a couple lamps around here, because Hick likes them. I don't remember him lighting them, except during a power outage.

      Delete
    2. I think the round thingies are flanges.

      Delete
    3. That sounds familiar. Maybe you are on the same wavelength as Hick!

      Delete
  3. I would shop at Hick's if I lived close by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would bring your own crafty cloth bag to hold your purchases, and not rely on Hick's recycled Walmart and Country Mart plastic bags!

      Delete
  4. I think Hick is a definite entrepenuer. Or however that's spelled. You know what I mean. A con-man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hick is a reverse con-man. He sells things for less than he could get if he bargained a little more. Even gives a refund when somebody breaks an item after they buy it and take it home, then swear it was damaged already.

      Delete