Thursday, August 12, 2021

This Counter Tops My Expectations

Hick finally sent me a picture of the countertop that goes with the set of $700 cabinets he bought from a local guy off Facebook. It exceeds expectations.

 
Hick had described it as "A dark, granite-look counter with a white pattern in it." So I was thinking something black or dark gray, maybe with a veiny white thread through it. This is much more appealing to me. Of course it's not real granite. Hick would need a forklift to move something like that. But this one is tasteful enough for my liking. I'm pretty sure The Pony is okay with it.

As for that stuff in the background, I guess Hick was sorting through his storage unit stuff for merchandise to sell at his Storage Unit Store. Here are more of the cabinets, and more of Hick's junk. Heh, heh! I'm not showing you a picture of THAT junk!

 
The cabinets look a little darker in this lighting. But still sturdy. Not sure what's in the orange tub. Probably auction stuff.

6 comments:

  1. This is quite impressive! WE bought cabinets from Hoods when we first decided to redo the kitchen. Then the kitchen flooded when the water line blew from the holding tank and they swelled. I purchased the next set of cabinets on Craigslist. They were old, but solid wood and I think I paid about $500 for the cabinets, sink and counter top. So many cabinets that we did the kitchen and then put some in the store without doors to display our wares and a whole wall in my sewing room. I love a good bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a basement flood when a fitting broke, almost over the tops of Hick's boots, but the washer and dryer didn't swell, heh, heh.

      Hick might have found a better bargain if he waited, but this guy was right here in Backroads, RIGHT THEN, so I guess the convenience is a trade-off.

      Delete
  2. The faux granite top is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it. Much lighter in color than I imagined. It should look nice with the double stainless steel sink. I don't know where Hick is hiding that!

      Delete
    2. The double sink would require a beach towel, and is it frowned upon to hide a sink on a kitchen counter?

      Delete