Friday, June 25, 2021

Another Dissatisfied Customer

For once, it's NOT VAL! The dissatisfied customer is HICK! 

When Hick took T-Hoe to Walmart to get my bolt tire repaired (since Mick the Mechanic was booked-up), he was the third customer at the automotive department.

"They had two cars in there working on them. I knew I was next. They have a sign about customers being serviced in the order they arrive. I sat in the waiting area. I could see them in the shop. One guy with a crew cut was walking around, not doing anything. 

I was there over an HOUR! While I was waiting, they pulled in a car and changed the battery, and a truck that got an oil change! I was there ahead of them. There was two other guys in the waiting area with me. We got to talking about how they weren't doing work in the order they were supposed to. A worker lady came in, and she must have overheard us. She asked if she could help me with anything.
 
'I want to speak to the service manager.'
 
'He's on break, but I'm the department manager. Can I help you?'

I said, 'That guy with a crew cut has been walking around doing NOTHING for 20 minutes. I watched him from here. I was supposed to be next, to fix my flat tire, but they put in a new battery, and did an oil change on cars that came in after me.' 
 
She said, 'I'm sorry to hear that. Especially about a worker wandering around. I'll check into it. But sometimes, they WILL do other jobs they think will be quick.'

There ain't nothin' quicker than fixing a flat!"

"I don't know. All you have to do is unhook a battery, lift it out, and hook up the new one..."

"No. It involves a lot more. You don't know the housing. You have to unscrew things to get it out of the battery case, and then put it back to hold the new one in place. Plugging a tire is easy!"

Hick DOES know his way around car innards. So I'll take his word for it. T-Hoe's tire had 33 POUNDS of air in it when I got in that afternoon. 
 
"Did they not fix it right? It's already low!"

"I don't know how much he put in there, Val."

"I guess I'll have to watch it on the SENSORS that are correctly positioned now...

Thursday, it had 32 POUNDS. I've got my eye on it. I think on Friday, I'll put in a little FREE AIR from the Gas Station Chicken Store. Hope I don't pick up a bolt when I park by the air hose. I'm pretty sure that's where I got the flat. From that guy with his parts strewn out there, working on the roof.

8 comments:

  1. An hour? I'd have bolted out of there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there. Too soon, too soon! I am still having PTSD from DRIVING TO TOWN ON 8 POUNDS OF AIR while Hick and The Pony were 90 minutes away from my rescue.

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like they didn't do a proper job of fixing it if it is already losing air. Some strong words to the garage manager might be in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if there's a slow leak, or if I just need to get it up to the level of the other tires for comparison. They will vary a couple pounds from sitting to driving. I have some strong words, though. This saga continues... in two days.

      Delete
  3. Somebody is full of hot air AND your tire is still leaking? I'd have pitched a fit at Wally World. I am so disappointed in people in general these days. Not youi. You give me my daily laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that I don't disappoint! And that I'm good to laugh at. More on Sunday about that tire.

      Delete
  4. Well, we all know what I would do! HeWho offered to pick up an oriental chicken salad for me at Applebee's when he went to get pool salt. It arrived with spare chicken and NO salad dressing! I called immediately and received many apologies and a promise for a coupon for a free salad. If that coupn fails to arrive there could be a scene coming up at Applebee's in Warrenton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might need to have you Ubered in to deal with my tire! Well... T-HOE's tire. I have legs!

      Delete