Sunday, June 14, 2020

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Here Is My Apartment Wattah

I try to keep Genius out of the news here. There was a time when he didn't mind the fame of appearing on my blog pages. He'd even do a search so he could save wasting time reading posts where he wasn't mentioned. Now that he's an adult, I try not to tell any tales out of school.

Surely a photo or two won't hurt. Right? Not of Genius, of course! I've never put those on my blog. Only links to articles about him that he okayed. I think shots from his apartment balcony should be all right. They're kind of impersonal.

A couple weeks ago, Genius sent a picture of the Pittsburgh skyline, from the end of his balcony.


He said there'd been storms earlier. So it's not like pollution giving the sky that tint.

"The pool looks refreshing. Unlike our green cloudy Poolio."

"Too bad I'd have to walk across the rebar and styrofoam to get to it, and then avoid the icebergs of foam shavings!"

Well. Since Genius is not training for American Ninja Warrior, that WOULD be a waste of time. I had simply thought the pool was ready for splashing about, and that maybe that was foam from the chemicals, stirred up by the storm. I keep forgetting that parts of Genius's apartment complex are still under construction.

He called Friday night, and then sent me another picture of the pool.


Looks like the construction is coming along. Genius says the pool is 3' 6" at the deepest part. I had to ask him to repeat that. THREE FEET, SIX INCHES! At the DEEPEST. Silly me! I had asked if there was any kind of diving board, then he revealed that information. SHEESH! I know it's a place for adults. It's not like I asked if there was a slide!

The part around the two sides is 8 INCHES deep. Like for sitting on, or sitting on the side and putting your feet in the water. No cannonball contests in Genius's future! No chicken fights, either!

"So I guess there won't be any of those...uh...games where you have somebody sit on your shoulders and knock other somebodies off other people's shoulders... OH! I know! A chicken fight! That's what it's called."

"No. Probably not. Because it would just be people standing on each other's shoulders, while one wades in the pool."

"Will there be a closing time? Certain hours that it's open? Or is it a swim-at-your-own-risk kind of thing. With no lifeguard."

"Yeah. Like that. No certain hours."

"They will need a warning sign for 'NO CHICKEN FIGHTS.'"

"I'm sure people can figure it out."

I would hope so. They can't be affording to live there if they're stupid!

8 comments:

  1. Three feet six inches?? Heck, even I could stand up in that with both feet firmly on the bottom. I suppose it's more for cooling off than olympic training.
    That's a lovely view across the river Genius has got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I guess it's just to cool off, get some sun. Genius says most of the residents there are older than he is. Professionals like doctors and lawyers. It's definitely not a swingin' singles complex!

      I agree, it's a great view. He recently got a table and chairs for his balcony. I suspect he enjoys a drink or two out there in the evenings. Since he's kind of trapped inside, working from home now, since March.

      Delete
  2. Well I certainly hope Genius enjoys his wading pool. And, yes, he does have a great view of Greater Pittsburgh. A long-time ago colleague of mine from Phoenix got a job at one of the t.v. stations there back in the 70's and stayed until he retired. Guess he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! WADING POOL! I wish I'd thought to call it that when I talked to him.

      I don't know if Genius can make it until retirement. He likes Pittsburgh, but he's lucky to have made it through the last two rounds of job cuts at OOBER. He said going in that he believed it would probably be a 2-5 year assignment.

      Delete
  3. I would love to have that pool in my backyard, as long as I could float, I'd be happy. Boy is living the good life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a little deep for your great-grandboys, but eventually it would be just right! Genius has champagne tastes, and right now, a budget to indulge.

      Delete
  4. I got motion sick looking at the pictures. Is Pittsburgh leaning back and forth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! I'll go out on a balcony here, and venture that Genius himself might have been three sheets to the wind when he snapped the photos.

      Delete