Sunday, June 21, 2020

He's Like Robin Hood, Without the Stealing Part

Hick is at it again! Giving, giving, giving! Where will it end? The nerve of that guy, do-gooding so that I have to represent him positively!

Last week, Hick reported that the friend he drives to cancer treatments called and said her refrigerator got taken. It's not like somebody walked in off the street and said, "This is a stick-up! Hand over your refrigerator or else!" No. Hick said she didn't give details, but he thinks that she probably rented her fridge, and then missed a payment, and it got repossessed. Because let's face it,

WHO JUST COMES IN AND TAKES A REFRIGERATOR?

Except for Hick's friends, of course. No matter what item or service you're looking for, he knows a guy. Like he immediately pulled the name of a process server out of his butt for Back-Creek Neighbor Bev when she filed for a restraining order against Crazy Stick-Road Man. A refrigerator? Child's play for Hick.

"My buddy said he has a refrigerator that he'll sell me for $25. He says his sister has it. She lives over in Other-Prison Town. So I'm going to pick him up in my truck, and we're going to get it and deliver it. So I might be a little late for supper."

"Uh. Does your buddy's sister KNOW he's coming to take back his refrigerator? I hope she's not using it. Because that would be just as bad as your friend having hers moved out! I can't imagine somebody just keeping a spare refrigerator sitting around. Unless maybe she's got it in her garage..."

"I don't know. He just said we'd go get it. So we're going."

I didn't ask any follow-up details. Didn't want to push my luck, since Hick spent his own Storage Unit Store money. Hick is like Robin Hood, without the stealing part. Unless there's some shenanigans with his buddy's spare refrigerator...

6 comments:

  1. Awww, Hick the do-gooder warms my heart! Tell him the freezer I was sure I had fixed just by cleaning the coils has failed me again …. fortunately, I have a freezer in my store at my disposal and the old freezer found a new life. It is now outside growing worms to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I can't tell him about the worms! He will want to start a worm business for himself, since I'm pretty sure he could make a dollar profit off a dozen of them.

      Delete
  2. I hope the whole refrigerator swap thing went without a hassle. At least this one won't get repossessed for non-payment. We used to rent our TV back in the day when ex-the-first was too stingy to actually buy one, so eventually I bought one on time payments and paid it off before the contract ran out, because I'm good that way and we had that TV for the next ten years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several rent-to-own places around here. I think it's unfair how much they charge by the time people can own the appliances. Sometimes it's almost double the retail price.

      I'll have to ask Hick about the rest of the refrigerator experience.

      Delete