Monday, June 15, 2020

Equal Time For the Young Equine

Since yesterday I featured a tale of Genius's pool, it's only fair that I devote today to The Pony's aquatic experience.

Most afternoons, The Pony goes out to Poolio to cool his hooves. That includes floating on a raft, trotting around inside Poolio's boundaries while creating a large whirlpool, and lying on a towel on the deck while laptopping. He has been waiting until around 3:00 to venture outside, when there is shade available.

The Pony had a traumatic experience on Saturday afternoon. No, it wasn't because Hick joined him in Poolio. According to The Pony:

"I was laying there, on my stomach, on the raft. I had my arms stretched out, my hands on the deck so I didn't float away. I felt something land on my hand. It was a yellowish liquid. I looked up, and the only thing over me was one of those wood bees, yellow and black, that looks like a bumblebee. Only we know they're wood bees, because they ate the insides out of that porch support by the garage. Anyway, there are three of them by the basement door that are active every afternoon. I was just laying there, and the bee POOPED ON ME!"

"Maybe it was just pollen."

"Can pollen be liquid? I googled it, and my hand had what bee poop looks like."

Huh. That's a new one on me.

8 comments:

  1. That made me laugh. I'd rather have bee opp than bee sting. Right now I am hobbling with a broken ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew? Life with Hick is always full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wood bees are about the size of hummingbirds, I suppose they have to poop sometime. Can you get a splinter from wood bee poop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE hefty! I doubt a splinter came out. More like sawdust.

      Delete
  4. Bee poop?? Poor Pony, pooped on by a bee. That's very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought about bees pooping! Good thing we don't have Murder Hornets patrolling our airspace.

      Delete