Monday, June 1, 2020

Val, the Paranormal Sleuth

Saturday night/Sunday morning, at 1:55 a.m., I heard walking overhead in Genius's room. Three steps. Strides on carpet. I'm shocked that any entity could find a clear path to take three steps, because Genius's room has become a catch-all for stuff Hick is planning to take over to the BARn, for our spare toilet paper stash, and for some of The Pony's clothes from college.

Anyhoo... I heard the footsteps, and looked at the clock. I always do that. I don't know why. Sometimes to use it as evidence in my investigation. While I was still looking at the clock, I heard The Pony's bed creak, directly overhead, and heard him walk to his door, heard it creak open, and heard him enter the bathroom. It hadn't been 30-40 seconds between hearing the steps in Genius's room, and then The Pony walking.

Sunday night, The Pony came down to watch TV. While zapping the commercials, I asked The Pony,

"You know when you got up for the bathroom last night at five 'til two?"

"Yeah..."

"Were you asleep, and something woke you? Or were you awake and just got up?"

"I was awake. I had the TV on."

"Did you hear the footsteps in Genius's room? RIGHT BEFORE YOU GOT UP? I thought maybe that woke you."

The Pony got a funny look on his face.

"I did NOT hear that. But when I opened my bedroom door and stepped out, there was a funny smell. Not exactly old lady perfume. But another smell. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe like old clothes? Like clothes that have been hanging in a closet for years."

"Huh. That's weird. You know, today was Grandma's birthday... May 31st."

Not that such a date has any bearing on anything...

6 comments:

  1. I think you need motion activated cameras in that room and in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly you had a visit from Grandma, who went to Genius's room instead of yours to say Hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would have greeted the boys before me, like she always did.

      Delete
  3. So NOW you know your visitor's name. Greet her next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week, I awoke in my Old People Chair to the sound of my name called from upstairs. I assumed it was The Pony, but then as I gained my senses, I realized it had called, "VAL" instead of "Mom."

      Someone has definitely been asking to be noticed. Not sure if it's Mom every time...

      Delete