Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Amazing Incredible Pony

The Pony hasn't been offered a residency in Vegas yet, but he's showing promise as a magician! Last week, he made a trash can disappear. Sure, it was his own trash can that he sets out by the curb on Tuesday mornings for trash pickup. And it WAS quite windy that day. But still... The Pony presented the trash can, and by the end of the day, it was nowhere to be found. Not quite up to par with David Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear, but a step in the magician direction!

If you think that's a stretch, take a gander at THIS feat of magic:


I asked The Pony to sweep under the kitchen table before we began our Super Bowl snack preparations, and this is what he did with the broom! Well. He swept first, and went out on the porch to beat the rug by the kitchen door. But then was playing around with that broom while chatting with me, and this was the result.

Not sure if that's a statement of The Pony's talent, a feature of my lack broom usage, or just dark magic!

10 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha! The Pony is better than me with that broom act. I'll have to practice that one. I did have my Recycle cart disappear once and believe me, I looked up and down the street wondering who would have taken it. When I called the Recycle company, they said that sometimes the carts fall into the trucks that pick the recycling up because the trucks use an automatic arm that dumps the recycle into the back of the truck. I took their word for it but maybe I'm a magician and just don't know it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you have that magical talent, so you, too, can secure a Vegas residency and wow the crowds with your skills!

      Our trash truck has that attachment, but the guy usually just flips open the dumpster lid and throws in the bags. I guess it's different if people don't put all their trash into bags. We don't have recycling out here.

      Delete
  2. Definitely magic. Just like that guy Mahomes. Definitely magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then. There's good money in magic!

      I just can't get behind Mahomes, the college rival of my guy Baker Mayfield who played of the University of Oklahoma when The Pony was there. Shocking that the Heisman Trophy winner and #1 NFL draft pick couldn't make the Cleveland Browns a contender... or the other three teams he's played for.

      Besides, I've never been a Chiefs fan. They were "the other" Missouri team when we had the ST. LOUIS Cardinals, and then the Rams. Now that the Chiefs are my only choice, meh. I'm glad they won, but I didn't even watch the game.

      Delete
  3. I'm going with talent. Brooms don't do that on their own, not even magic ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many hours The Pony has spent practicing this feat at home.

      Delete
  4. I have a broom that will do that. However, it took me three readings and viewing that broom before I discovered that it was standing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, heh! You might be the perfect audience for The Pony's magician show. In the opposite manner, he could perform some mundane task, and it would take you three times before you realized it WASN'T magic!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks. My kitchen is extremely '90s, and I have no plans to update it!

      Delete