Friday, February 9, 2024

One of These Things Is Not Liked By the Others

Such entitlement these days. Almost like a whole generation was not taught to take turns. Or follow rules. As if they are the most important beings in The Universe.

I was waiting patiently for my green arrow at the stoplight next to the Gas Station Chicken Store on Tuesday, when I spied a rule-ignorer in the oncoming traffic. Can you guess which one?


That black car came out of the Liquor Store parking lot. Couldn't wait for traffic to clear from the left-turn lane. Chose to block the lane for traffic headed across the intersection. Matters were compounded by the flow of traffic coming from the rat poison factory across from 10Box, which had just ended a shift.

As if this violation of common decency wasn't enough... one of those cars waiting in the left-turn lane did NOT make a left turn, and came straight across the intersection, passing to my left.

People are crazy.

Don't think that I am in the wrong lane, judging from the angle of this picture. There are four lanes on my side. The lane for oncoming traffic, a left-turn lane to my left, the straight-across lane that I'm in, and a right-turn lane to my right. Val obeys the rules of the road.

15 comments:

  1. That scene is familiar as it looks like the way people drive coming out of the local Walgreens. I am waiting for an accident there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know not to go when my arrow turns green! I have to look three ways to make sure nobody's running their red light.

      Delete
  2. Huh! Knowing your penchant for giving alias names to stores I always figured 10Box was one of those. Imagine my surprise to see the big sign in your photo and then confirming the name courtesy of The Grand and Glorious Google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange enough to seem fake! I had to Google it myself when I read that my regular store was becoming a 10Box.

      Delete
  3. the picture looks a bit weird to me because down here we drive on the left, like MOST of the rest of the world. I capitalised that because as I have dicovered there are one or two other countries that also drive on the right, when all this time I thought it was only you USAians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure more countries drive on the right than on the left. Probably just as badly as we do!

      Delete
    2. I googled and you are correct.

      Delete
    3. Since you are a non-driver, I would not expect you to spend much time thinking about driving customs worldwide!

      Delete
  4. apparently you've never driven in Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have to drive through Jersey to get to Boston? You know the status of my geography knowledge. I do remember driving for a stretch through Pennsylvania on my way to Boston from Missouri. I suppose if I DID drive in Jersey, it would be memorable!

      Delete
    2. Good to know! I have been receiving geography tutoring from The Pony today and yesterday, which started with Croatia, and rabbit-holed into a revisit of my initial flabbergastedness of England, THE ISLAND!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Expect the unexpected! I learned that from watching almost ever season of Big Brother. Wish I had a dollar for every time host Julie Chen said that!

      Delete