Sunday, February 25, 2024

Life With Hick Is Like a Box of Chocolates

You never know what random text you're going to get from Hick. Like Friday, when I received the following:

"I bought this beaver today."

At least there was a picture to sort-of explain.


I shared that text with The Pony.

"Um. Do you know what "beaver" means in slang?"

"YES! I know! But he sent me this picture. Do you know where that is?"

"No. It's not the flip house. Maybe it's where he got it from."

Further interrogation inquiry when Hick got home revealed that it was, indeed, a picture from the seller's house. Hick had gone there to look at other items, and this was just a bonus find!

"Are you going to sell it?"

"I don't know. I'm going to put it in my storage unit, with the deer head."

"How much did you pay??? And what would you sell it for?"

"I paid $100 for it. I'm asking $200."

Well. At least he's not asking $100.50. But this pricing makes it look like Hick really does not want to part with his beaver.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Hick wants that beaver all to himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Doubling the price does not seem like a good strategy for resale.

      Delete
  2. I'm just happy neither of my exes ever came home with something like that. I'm not a fan of stuffed animals, stuffed toys are okay, but not the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Hick took it to his SUS2, and not to our house. I asked The Pony if that picture was taken in our flip house, but he said no. Hick later said it was at the house of the guy he bought it from.

      Delete